Eviction assistance for Pregnant Woman?

I recently lost my job, found out i was pregnant (about 10 weeks), and i had to go to court for an eviction notice. My fiance still has his job but they cut back his hours so we are only able to pay part of the rent and both the manager and the courts refused to agree with a payment plan. His hours are suppose to start picking up for the new year since the company he works for was doing some expanding.

Our place is VERY strict, if u don't pay by the fifth u get a notice, on the 10th u get a court date.I live in the dane county area of wisconsin, and i cant seem to find any links for help.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ja77
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Did you try the Tenant Resource Center (608) 257-0143 or 608-257-0006.

Do they have any legal aid offices that can assist you?

Tenant rights groups usually can provide assistance or direction in these matters.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Your pregnancy is irrelevant, but congratulations, perhaps.

Like anyone else in your situation, the responsibility to pay your rent is on you and if you are facing eviction due to non-payment look into legal aid if you need help through the process. Your landlord is not required to offer you residency without payment. I would recommend you find work, you lost your job, but there are other jobs out there. Your fiance can also take up a second job if his first one does not provide adequate hours.

You're still very early in the pregnancy and can choose abortion at this point. It doesn't sound like this pregnancy was planned and it doesn't sound like the best time to bring a child into the world, that is, unless you and your fiance get to work on your financial situation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Congrats on the baby, but if you can't pay the rent in full, it's not really your landlords problem...it's yours. The landlord is under no legal or moral obligation to float you until more money arrives in your bank account, which may or may not happen. Many kind-hearted landowners eventually face foreclosure, bankruptcy or worse, because of tenant's hopes for bigger salaries in the New Year.

Your best bet: appeal to family or your church for financial help to pay the rent. It's not the landlords obligation. Pregnancy is not a get-out-of-paying-rent circumstance, even if it an immaculate conception.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No Judge is going to force the Landlord to take partial rent

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.