Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

I am Muslim and thinking of joining the Marines?

The military has recruited me quite heavily because I am fluent in 4 languages, including Pushtu, Urdu, and Arabic, and have offered to expedite my citizenship status. I am considering joining the Marines, but i am afraid, especially because my last name is the same as the Fort Hood shooter. I am loyal to the US and i also want my home country to be rid of extremism, but I'm very afraid of joining it's forces. I don't know. I'm ostracized enough as a civilian and, from what i hear, the atmosphere is not exactly welcoming in the armed forces.

what do you guys think? any advice is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

First off, let me say WOW: It's great that you can speak such disparate languages. Americans are pretty Retarded - they only know how to speak English, mostly. So let me say, as your fellow Muslims might say, mashallah.

Now, to your question. I am Indian (Hindu, but obviously i have many Indian Muslim friends), so i will tell you in Urdu/Hindi: ye American fauj bilcul harami hai! Understand? Ask yourself this: Are you willing to fight as a pawn in Unjust, Immoral, and Illegal Wars that serve to secure Geopolitical, Economic, and Strategic interests and extend US hegemony/de fact Colonialism?

Imagine fighting in Iraq, a Reprehensible War of Aggression that has minimally led to more than 100,000 Poor Iraqi's dying (according to the NEJM: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/360/16/15... and maximally more than One Million, according to the most respected medical journal in Britain, The Lancet (just do a google search). I know you wouldn't like that.

Also, the US wont get rid of extremism, so don't join if you want to help your home-countrymen. Trust me, the US doesn't give a sh it about Poor Iraqi's or Afghans; these Americans are absolutely Ruthless Racists. In fact, the US played an active role in supporting Radical Extremists during the 1980's in Afghanistan. They also helped bring the Ba'ath Party to power in Iraq. These guys are absolute bas tards brother. They just want to secure their Interests - Economic ans Strategic. That's it.

I know why you're considering this, though. It's attractive to get your citizenship expedited so you can get SOME opportunities in this country. But - AND YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS - most Americans are incredibly Racist. They are socialized/inculcated within Racist parameters. They think American lives are worth more than other peoples' lives. They are absolute harami's, you feel me? Even when you get your citizenship they'll treat you like the "Other." They'll discriminate against you still. All of them: teachers, employers, etc.

So don't do it! Don't sell your soul to a Colonizing P.O.S. Country.

Good luck brother Hasan, from your Indian friend! Watch out for these Whitey *****!

I am an active duty Vietnamese-American in the Marine Corps and there are always gong to be a handful of ignorant people in any bunch of people. It's mostly the junior enlisted and a handful of second lieutenants who act dumb, but they usually come around after a few years in the service. If you're fluent in 4 languages then you can apply for 27xx which is the linguistics field. If you're in the service you'll receive citizenship a lot faster and it won't cost you extra money, I only know a brief amount about this process though. If you enlist, there is always going to be a handful of stupid Marines, but that's because they're narrow minded and hopefully they'll be able to grow. But if you do enlist then it's just something you've got to deal and set your foot down. The 27xx should have smarter Marines. However, you'll be working with a lot of sensitive information and it may be difficult for a non-citizen to gain the necessary security clearance required for it.

Without a doubt you may hear some negative things because of your background, but don't let it hinder you from doing what you believe is the right thing. I've even noticed a middle eastern Drill Instructor around the depot while I was there. People will always being judging you so you've got to prove to them that they're wrong.

Good Luck

Source(s): Current Marine

Bro I think if you want to serve your country you need to do it.Theres's always going to be ignorant especially around these times but the thing is with the marine corps is you are no longer muslim,white or black but you are a marine!!!!!

i SUPPORT YOUR DECISION 100%.

You shoul proabablly try going in as a officer since you can speak all those languages.

We have five branches of service

1. Army

2. Navy

3. Marines

4. Air Force

5. Coast Guard

your would be best received in the Air Force....

inquire about Air Force intelligence...

the Fort Hood Incident was the Army this is the Marine Corps you might feel discriminated against at Boot Camp but everyone is treated the same, as dirt. your DI's job is to make you feel uncomfortable for the whole 13 weeks you are there..through out Boot you learn to accept the stress and deal with it and get through it instead of breaking under it like everyone else ...you have to earn that EGA (Eagle Globe and Anchor) if it was easy everyone could be Marines..that is why they are the Few and the Proud the United States Marine Corps but once you earn that title you are equal to all your fellow brother and sister Marines...Remember Once a Marine..Always a Marine you will hold that Title till the day you die. good luck with your choice and Semper Fi

OO Effin Rah

Sweetie do what's best for YOU. There's ignorance everywhere, don't let that bother you.

To the retarded people answering these questions, grow the f*ck up already. There are extremeists in every religion whether it be Chrisitanity, Islam, Hinduism, etc you shouldn't ostracize the majority for what the minority does.

My PLT SGT was an african American Muslim female and she wanted to become the first female Muslim chaplin anyways if this is real, you know you cannot wear the head scarf while in uniform but off duty you are allowed to. There are skin heads in the military, gangstas, people in the hells angels, right wing radicals, Mormons (I consider them a cult), people in the hells angels motorcycles gang, white sepremists, and satanists and wiccans in the military they are just not as visible. So the chose is yours.

Just a note to "some" people : Hating on a particular religion does not make you look any better...you cannot generalize for you don't know if they might be better than you. So never hate an entire nation without knowing each one of them. You might be surprised after meeting all people there so don't be too proud because right now, you're making your own country look bad by judging. I mean is this what they teach you there? Sad and pathetic. You know i'm right :)

It is awesome that you are fluent in so many languages. The extremists make it difficult for all people. Is there any agency you can contact to find out what steps you can take to serve in the army without prejudice. It is sad and you do have right as a U S of A citizen. Good Luck and God bless.

• ?

No a good idea , your own colleagues will doubt your loyalty , no matter how loyal you are to the US.