How can I find info. on a PAINTING /Artist? Looked up signature (E Khoury) can't find ANYTHING?

A very nice oil painting was donated to our BATTERED WOMEN W/Children fund & I'd like to know more about the artist. Can someone tell me where I can find info.? NON-PAYING website ect... The painting is 'I BELIEVE' oil on canvas.

Best Answer

The last name of Knoury is a Lebanese surname. But when I did a search for painters under than name in the artists databases I use I found no known or recognized artist by that name. Using the normal Yahoo search I got hundreds of possible links and none of the links I followed were helpful. The point is, whoever this artist is he or she isn't well known as an artist.

It's likely that the painting donated to you was done by an amateur. Being painted by an unknown amateur doesn't mean the painting isn't well done and beautiful. It simply means it probably doesn't have much value as far as collectors go.

Hmm... yeah- I tried looking and didn't find anything either...

Only thing I could suggest is maybe lookin around for an art expert to contact. They'd have better chance of finding out for you. Maybe even a college art professor perhaps.

Just post this question on yahoo answers