What does the gas mask symbolize for Green Days record 21st Century Breakdown?

I just bought this Green Day shirt with a guy wearing a gas mask, and i get that Christian and Gloria are the Gas Mask Lovers but why gas masks? what does it stand for?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Green day talk rubbish, they made a big fuss about american idiot, they said theres a big story through the whole album. I got the special edition thats like a book. It was rubbish. Inconsistent story. I have respect for mike dirnt, tre is ok but billie joe is a full on T W A T. Anyway my point is, don't read into anything green day churn out. They lost there perception on whats real a long time ago.

• 1 decade ago

I am not really answering this question, but I am telling other responders to stop knocking Green Day. If you complain about little things like this, then you shouldn't be listening to their albums. Go listen to the Jonas Bothers, homos.

• 1 decade ago

pollution, to stop them from breathing in the pollution of the world like the war and stuff

i actually dont know lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means you'll need a gas mask to filter out the stench of green day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to start preperation... gas mask, water supply, guns, rations, etc. Be prepared... dont say I or green day didnt warn you...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.