Live-in boyfriend with bad hygiene?

Ok, I've searched for answers to this question and the answers all seems to be "confront him, and if he doesn't change, dump him." But here's the thing- I love this man, and he loves me. I have been with him for 7 years. Lived with him for 4 years. He's a really great (and great looking)... show more Ok, I've searched for answers to this question and the answers all seems to be "confront him, and if he doesn't change, dump him." But here's the thing- I love this man, and he loves me. I have been with him for 7 years. Lived with him for 4 years. He's a really great (and great looking) guy, who's not lazy in regards to his professional life. Only recently I started noticing his poor hygiene habits and it's really starting to bother me. Isn't that weird?? He doesn't wash his face, not even once a day. I've told him many times now, that's really gross, think about all the dirt and germs that builds up on your face everyday- but he still refuses to wash his face. He barely takes a shower once a week (doesn't change underwear unless he takes a shower). He wears the same clothes for weeks on end. Even his co-workers started commenting to him "haven't you worn the same clothes for days?" He's a grown man, I shouldn't be mothering him like this. I've told him so many times, nothing changes and we just get into big fights. I really don't know what to do. This has been been affecting our intimacy, and I've told him about it. Nothing has changed. I'm so embarrassed about this, I can't even talk to my friends and family about it (that's why I'm here seeking for any kind of guidance in the anonymous internet). Does anyone have any ideas other than confront him and if he doesn't change, dump him? Please help!
13 answers 13