Is the Uniblue Regisrty Booster 2010 and System tweaker worth the $29.95?

My start up time is 7 minutes and 12 seconds and my computer is running 78 processes. Its a brand new computer and it just seems slow to me. Someone told me to clean up the start up pop up things, so I did. I cleaned up the things like Windows live and Yahoo Messenger from start up. Is this Uniblue what I should do or is there a free way to do it or something else to consider?

Favorite Answer

No.

Use the following:

Ccleaner

Defraggler

Spybot Search and Destroy

Ad-aware

That arsenal of Windows utilities costs nothing and they work extremely well.

As to why they are needed:

Spybot and ad-aware track down ads and malware that deposit on your computer when you visit web sites. That is inevitable.

Ccleaner cleans up the registry and removes invalid links and other fluff. No Windows application can compress the registry, and cleaned registries leave big gaps that can also degrade system performance over time. But it's better to have blank patches than a gaggle of invalid links.

Windows' file systems write anywhere they can on the hard drive, to increase write performance. Unfortunately, Windows will not look for a proper amount of free space before writing to it. This means that FILES get fragmented. Including the registry and swap (virtual memory) files. Over a short period of time, performance plummets. And once the registry or swap files get fragmented, big problems can possibly occur. It's best to defragment on a regular basis. Hence Defraggler.

• rowen

Uniblue is a good workstation software service, even however make certain which you have the authentic one and not a hacked reproduction. additionally the so called blunders could properly be no longer something greater desirable than references to courses you no longer have put in, data which you have deleted/moved &c. collectively as cleansing those up could improve get entry to to the mandatory bits of the registry, it is not vulnerable to furnish quite a few % speed advance, and could no longer restore lacking data. i could provide it a pass over.

• PETER

No. It screwed up my laptop and I had to do a system restore.

No, not worth it. You can lower the number of processes yourself, disable programs that load and run at startup that aren't needed and there are probably unnecessary services you can disable or switch to manual so they don't run at startup. Use windows own msconfig, click on the startup tab. Go to blackviper.com for info on windows services. Registry Booster is junk.

No program can do a better job of cleaning things up than a human being who knows what he's doing. Learn how the computer works and how to clean up what you don't need. It costs nothing to "tune up" your computer - nothing but a little learning.

No idea. You should keep the computer clean from the very begining. On startup have only driver, system and antivirus related processes start. Idle computer shouldn't have more than 60 processes.

Though the 7 minutes is weird... My PC is getting full but from the moment I see the windows loading logo to the finish of loading my user it takes only a couple of minutes...