Changing Headlamps for 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora....?

My husband recently passed away and I (at age 81) have a burned out headlight. The policeman was very kind but told me I have only 5 days to get this fixed. I have no neighbors or family to help and I can't fix this. My grandsons friend said he would help if I had the owners manual. I have no clue where my husband put the owners manual and now I'm stuck.

Does anyone have a clue how I could get a copy of the page that describes how to change it.

If my husband had only not gone fishing that day. God bless his soul. He was such a great man and I miss him so much during this holiday period. For years he was so good to keep things like this fixed and now I'm alone and no way to repair.

Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

If you were in my neighborhood I would help for sure. It isn't likely though so if you have a good parts store in the area you live, they will sometimes install the bulb when you purchase it from them. All you can do is ask, and the worse they can say is no.

There should be two black tabs on top of the headlamp assembly, pull them straight up and the headlamp should come out the front of the car, and at the back of the unit you will see one or two sockets that connect to the backside. They should have two tabs on them you can squeeze, turn them either clockwise or counter clockwise. Then pull it straight out, do not touch the bulb, the oils on your hands, or fingers will likely cause it to burn out, or shatter when it is turned on. Remove and install the lamp into the socket, install the socket into the headlamp, check it to see if it is working properly, and re-install the headlamp. Good luck.

• mike p

Go to local Auto Zone auto parts store. They can select proper parts and most time's give you a printout from computer for installation instructions.