Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Purchase agreement real estate law FHA and foreclosures?

About 2 months ago I signed a purchase agreement (offer accepted) for a property. The property is a foreclosure I might add. On the original purchase agreement it stated I would be going in-house for my loan. I later found ou that I could go FHA and save on my down payment and rate. It took some time for the seller to locate a POA but they eventually did (we had to write an extension 2 times while they did this). After their delays were out of the way I was able to move forward on my end of the deal. I was approved FHA and an appraisal was the next step. NOW the sellers say they will not accept FHA funds for the home for whatever reason. The home is only 7-8 years old and in excellent condition, but I bought it far under its value…about 80K less than it is worth. I said fine if you won’t take the FHA I will just put the 20% down and go in-house…they refuse to extend the purchase agreement to give me time to do that!!! Anyone ever hear of such a thing???

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You'll need to take your contract to an attorney to see what your obligations are.

I've never heard of any boilerplate POA contract that *requires* a purchaser to use a particular source of funds. Usually the source of funds is stated as a *contingency* which is waivable by the purchaser. That's why I suggest taking your agreement to an attorney, because you, or the seller, are probably misinterpreting the terms.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like they got a better offer. They have no obligation to allow another extension.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.