Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 1 decade ago

What is the nearest airport to Carcassonne in France?

Favorite Answer

I hate to contradict the previous two replies but the nearest airport of any consequence is Toulouse-Blagnac, about 100 kilometres away. Although there is an airport near Carcassonne, it could not be construed as an international airport by any stretch of the imagination.As for facilities - very limited: ATM, toilets, small bar, café and a souvenir shop!! 95% of all flights are by Ryanair, either to Charleroi, Dublin, Frankfurt or Stansted, even these are NOT daily occurrences, the remainder are charter flights.

The airport never opens before 0830 and is closed by 1800 each day. If you need to fly to destinations other than those above a change of plane would be required. Quite honestly when I have needed to travel to Carcassonne I have always flown to Toulouse-Blagnac and hired a car – found it to be more convenient and cheaper.

Source(s): Travel agent based in Brittany.
  • topete

Airports Near Carcassonne

There's an international airport at Carcassonne, also have a look here http://www.lost-in-france.com/flight-route-map it will show you what flight routes are available.

I would guess Nice unless there is one in Marseilles.