Herters Ammunition question.?

Has anyone ever used Herters ammo. If so, what is its quality?

Favorite Answer

I'm holding a box of Herter's International Match Grade The Worlds Finest Ammunition. the testimonial goes on and on. 1/20 grain powder variation,others 3/10 variation and ultra magnum velocity. The thing about Herter's claims,they are for real. The price tag on the box $2.80 for 20 virgin brass cartridges 100 gr.soft pointed bullets in .243. On the box Customs Officer Note Brass & Bullets made in Finland. They had 1" at 100 yds and the would deliver 1 shot kills on the smaller does taken with them. I feel the ammo is Everything they say in the elaborate endorsements they give all their products. Still have an original catalog and wish they were still in business. They had an agent in Pa. Edleman's who handled most of their products and I was a regular customer If there is anything you wish to know about any other products,I probably have some e-mail any questions. Their reloading components and shot shells,not crimped and 1 piece all plastic and good made in USA at their own plant. I could go on.

• Claire

The banned bullet was Teflon, not Nylon. The Herter's rounds are aluminum cased CCI Blazer, so I will not buy them. I bought Blazer ammo in the past, until I had the only squib loads I have ever had with factory loaded ammo. My buddy was shooting my S&W 625, and I was lucky he was experienced enough not to pull the trigger a second time after the first round squibbed.

Herters stopped selling ammo back in the 70's. It was decent quality/

• JOHN B

Herter's is a retail sporting goods store. You mean hirtenberger which makes primarily military and commercial. It is recognized as good quality ammo.

As Jesse says Cabela's has it for sale.