Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Why should Oppressed People be Peaceful with the US?

Very, Very short list of US military interventions:

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/intervent...

The list was compiled by Doctorate Students at UC Berkeley, Harvard, and Evergreen as a side project. But, like i said, it's a very short list.

Some of my favorite examples of blatant US terrorism and hegemony from the list:

- 1963 Iraq: CIA organizes coup that kills president, brings Ba'ath Party to power, and Saddam Hussein back from exile to be head of the secret service.

- Iran 1953: CIA overthrows the democratic regime and installs the Brutal, Repressive Shah

- Chile 1973 CIA overthrows democratically elected government and installs the most Ruthless military dictator in South American history, Pinochet

- And of course, my absolute favorite, G.W. Bush invades Iraq to "save Iraqi's" (i.e. secure Economic, Geopolitical, and Strategic Interests). The war has minimally led to more than 100,000 Poor Iraqi's dying (according to the NEJM: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/360/16/15... and maximally more than One Million, according to the most respected medical journal in Britain, The Lancet (just do a google search).

Why do we expect people to be Peaceful with us when we're so nefarious and Rape their homelands to extend our hegemony? Why should they be Peaceful with us when we're Never Peaceful with them, when we're such As s holes?

Don't the have a right to be Furious, Incensed? Shouldn't they exact some Revenge for European/American colonialism?

Update:

good answer blu!

Iraqi's, Afghans, Naive Americans, Cubans, Guatemalans, the list goes on and on; they should all remember what the US is doing or has done and get some Revenge one day!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oppressed people should not be peaceful with any country that actively harms them and treats them as less worthy or unequal. They should stand up for themselves and fight back.

Source(s): www.liberaloasis.com
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My favorites incorporate the bombing of Pearl Harbor (I had no theory we bombed ourselves), interventions to guard freedom for the persons of Panama, Puerto Rico, and international locations like Texas and Virginia. All those oppressed human beings in Texas could desire to upward push up! The CIA does no longer overthrow regimes with 5 or 10 brokers on my own. They enlist the help of hundreds of the indigenous human beings and supply them weapons. there is no context for the movements u . s . a . of america took. The bombing of the united statesCole is counted as a much off places intervention whilst all they did replaced into dock at a port. Many sailors have been killed and there replaced into no retaliation. Your question and your source have actual taken lack of understanding of background and straightforward stupidity to a clean low. i think of I actual have sufficient cereal field tops to get a PhD from the college of Wisconsin.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.