Who is the oldest man alive?

i was reading a book and i readthe word "centenarian"(meaning person who lived a 100+ yearS)so i wondered who is the oldest centenarian?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You have asked 2 different questions here with 2 different answers...

Oldest man alive

The oldest living man since the death of Henry Allingham, on 18 July 2009, is 113-year old Walter Breuning, who is from the United States born 21 September 1896.

Henry Allingham - 114 years 42 days

Walter Breuning - 113 years 101 days and living

Oldest centenarian

A centenarian is a person who has attained the age of 100 years or more, but once they reach 110 they become a supercentenarian. So the oldest centenarian cannot be older than 109 years 364 days 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds !

In both centenarians and supercentenarians the person does not need to be alive to be included in the definition, hence the oldest supercentenarian is the oldest person to have lived. The oldest CONFIRMED, DOCUMENTED and VERIFIED person of all time is

Jeanne Calment 122 years 164 days (a woman).

• 1 decade ago

Oldest person in the world (since 11 September 2009) is Kama Chinen, female born on 10 May 1895...so 114 years & 234 days

Lives in Okinawa, Japan

Source(s): according to wiki, more about this stuff - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people
  • 1 decade ago

The oldest alive is the one who was born first!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That would be Christ.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dick Clark, hands down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.