what do you mean by real music?

not everyone likes the same music, and everyone likes different things, not everything u like will b liked by others. so just becuz u dont like Miley for example doesnt mean its not real music. doesnt it annoy u when people try pass it off as an opinion? its insulting.

u sound stupid, it may be less quality these days but that doesnt mean its not music. im guessing ur in ur 30s or 40s, get with the times

yes it is music. u just said she is. all bands and singers have fans. and as for quality, that all depends on what you think is good stupid. band or solo artist its music and people like it. music is music u dont understand that do you

Favorite Answer

When people I know talk about "real music" they're referring to an actual band with instruments like drums, guitars, etc, that write their own lyrics and make music to please themselves, not a huge fanbase. They also mean that the band members have to work hard on being in time and playing with tone quality in their instruments, not work hard on getting up on stage and focusing on crappy dance moves. For example, even if I don't like Green Day (At ALL) I consider them to be real music. I also like Owl City, but I know that Owl City isn't really real music (They use auto-tune and voice correction LIVE....and no instruments) Also, many people consider death metal not to be real music, but the instrumentation is usually very good and screaming correctly takes a lot of talent. So the real music vs not real music controversy isn't a matter on whether you like the band or not, its a matter of the content and quality of the band/artist

Source(s): and just to clarify.... miley cyrus isn't considered real music..... her songs are really catchy though......
  • Erika

Patsy Montana, Ernest Tubb - Walk accross Texas, Bob Wills - San Antoino Rose, Roy Acuff - Great Speckled Birid & Walbash Cannonball. Carter Family - Wildwood Flower & Keep at the Sunny Side, Jimmie Rogers - Muleskinner Blues, Bill Monroe - nine Pound Hammer, Stanley Brothers - Angel Band

• I'm 42 and I was a teenager/young women in the 80's & 90's and the music rocked completely.I"m not saying that today's music sucks but it has changed a lot its not the same.

Miley is real music, only a jackass would deny that. Although there's nothing original, creative or intelligent about it, and many people can't fathom why anyone would bother listening when they can just take a listen to some other artist who was exactly the same.

• CC

Most of today's "music" sucks... I enjoy stuff from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s, when songs had more meaning...

• ____

To me music is from back then..oldies..those songs had a great rhythm..very diffrent..unlike today's..today anyone can be a singer-all you have to do is have looks and not worry about your voice-the technology can do it all. Very sad what the technology has done to music.

music from the 80's and 90's thats real music not this music coming out now !!

Source(s): my ears