Is it bad to text happy new years to my ex?

it's almost new years, and for every holiday I send a forward going around to all my contacts, including my ex boyfriend, saying Merry Christmas or Happy Halloween! for new years I'm going to do the same thing. except I'm thinking to send my ex a text saying "happy new year! thanks for making my... show more it's almost new years, and for every holiday I send a forward going around to all my contacts, including my ex boyfriend, saying Merry Christmas or Happy Halloween! for new years I'm going to do the same thing. except I'm thinking to send my ex a text saying "happy new year! thanks for making my 2009 incredible!" because I met him in April and we got so close and my first kiss was with him and Ive slept over at his house and we were like best friends. our relationship ended in mid June because I was lying about some stuff. I'm 14 and he's a few years older. during summer, after we broke up, we still went out all the time and had alot of fun together and it seemed like he still really liked me. in late august my parents caught us out together and freaked him out by threatening to call the police and he told me it's best if we not talk very much if not even ever. every now and then I still text him on holidays or just to say hi and he usually answers with a very friendly and warm reply even though he never answers the second text to continent a conversations. he loves seeing me at his work if I'm ever there (blockbuster) but he never texts me first. it seems as though he's moved on, but he still likes hearing from me a little. he really loved me when we were going out, even though I was younger so Im probably taking the whole being an ex way more serious then him. should I just text him a "happy new years"? or is it okay if I tell him how great he made my 2009? or will that be too much, acting desperate?

PS (we are still considered friends, because after we broke up we were still bffs no couple interaction until my psycho parents stopped it)