Is it rude to wear headphones at the dinner table if someone else's table manners make you gag?

I was brought up with a very strict father who taught us that table manners are very important. Recently I have moved in with my grandparents and my grandfather chews with his mouth wide open, sometimes food comes out.. and makes smacking noises and other gross sounds while he's eating. He also scrapes his food... show more I was brought up with a very strict father who taught us that table manners are very important. Recently I have moved in with my grandparents and my grandfather chews with his mouth wide open, sometimes food comes out.. and makes smacking noises and other gross sounds while he's eating. He also scrapes his food back and forth across his plate, most of the time I have to get up and take tylenol because my head hurts so much when he does this. Do you think it would be rude of me to wear earbuds to the table to drown out the noise? I've been trying to just deal with it, but I feel like I'm going to be sick a lot when I eat with them, and they won't let me eat anywhere else. Advice?
Update: seriously, it is gross. He's not losing control of his body, my grandma says that he's always been like that and it grosses her out too. I also moved in with them because they asked me to move in and help them, so moving out on my own is not an option here. Every single person in my family says stuff about... show more seriously, it is gross. He's not losing control of his body, my grandma says that he's always been like that and it grosses her out too. I also moved in with them because they asked me to move in and help them, so moving out on my own is not an option here. Every single person in my family says stuff about it, so it's not just me being like this.
Update 2: **also, it's not about girls at school, I'm 27!