.
. asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How do i get out of depression?

i am so depressed right now. i tried commiting suicide a few days ago, but i passed out on too much pills. ive been hurting from doubt, doubts of if my parents love me, and sunday my best friend, my brother, passed away :( i couldnt take it. ive been having doubts about everything. the only thing keeping me alive is love from a very special person. but im not the same anymore. i havent talked in days, i havent smiled, i havent laughed. and the bad thing is..im only 17

i am on medications, i just can't. this is too much for me :(

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you were depressed before your brother's death and that this was an event that sent you over the edge. The death of someone you are close to is a lot to manage and if you are only seventeen then those are emotions that you probably aren't sure how to deal with. You need to talk to your parents and tell them how you feel. Tell them that you feel like they don't love you, tell them that you are suffering from your loss, and tell them you think you may be depressed. The only real way to get over depression is to seek counseling and possibly take medications.

You are experiencing the very natural response to a death of the loved one, mainly grief and sorrow.

Different people go through this process differently but there is hope you will come through on the other side. There is no doubt this this experience has changed you, how can it not.

Death, birth, weddings are when people evaluate their lives, think of the own life or death or destiny. It can be an overwhelming thing and you might need a bit of help to see your through.

Finding a grief councilor may help you, perhaps your insurance can cover it.

At least you can admit your depressed. You really should see a Dr. You can take antidepressants. Honeslty they worked for me and I was only on them for about 3-4 months. Trust me I've doubted things the way you do when I going through depression, but I recommend antidepressants and a good therapist can help you see things that you did realize where there. Like the real meaning behind why we act the way we do. Goodluck.

You want to talk to a therapist.It's nice to talk about your feeling to someone who can understand and help you with what you are going through.I myself had to do that.Don't worry about what people think about what you are doing,Your trying to make yourself better and that's all that matters right now.If you are on anti-depressants,try to stop taking them.I stop taking them and talking to my therapist more and my head got a lot more clearer and eventually,I stop taking pills all together and the add bonus to all of that,all my family,friends and co-workers were so proud of what I did.It's going to be one hell of a fight I'll tell you that,but with the support you gain and the progress you do as the days pass,you will realize that you are not the only one in this world that feels this way and things can get better.Good luck to you!!!

Source(s): There is a light at the end of that long,dark tunnel,it just takes a little time and patience's to get there. Personnel experience.

go to the hospital, but i go through the same thing so i cant tell you it will ever get better. for me it lifts and goes away for a while but it always seems to come back. you always have to keep fighting, you have to love you. screw anyones opinion of you.

Go to the hospital emerg. Take your post.

you need grief counseling badly, tell your parents to help you get some.

Source(s): RN

Don't hurt yourself. Positive thinking is so important in life. Have hope and pray about your life. Know that God can help you live a better life if you want Him to help you. You can have a personal relationship with God by saying the prayer below. God is our Creator, all-knowing, all-powerful, eternal, holy, love. God loves us and sent us His Son, Jesus Christ, so we can go to heaven if we know and follow Him. Forever means without end -- time on and on without death. Forever is what happens after we die. Either we go to heaven and be with God forever, or we go to hell which is very bad and painful forever. The good people who are saved believers in Jesus Christ go to heaven. The bad people go to hell. We need to know and follow God in this world to get to heaven in the next world. We follow God by loving and obeying Him and loving others for Him. Jesus Christ, God's Son, is our bridge to God. Jesus died on the cross to cancel our sins. We need to accept Jesus into our life as our Lord and Savior forever to receive God's blessing and forgiveness plus go to heaven to be with God forever after we die. This is about being a born-again Christian. Faith in God is a gift from God. You can pray for faith in God. Just speak out and ask God for the faith to believe in Him and to follow Him. Some people find faith in God when they realize the beauty in the world is made by God. Evolution can't explain the world's natural beauty, for example, the parks in the world, animals, flowers, peacocks, sunsets, butterflies, rainbows, etc. After you have your faith on, you can pray a sinner's prayer to be a born-again Christian. This prayer is very important and should be said with a sincere heart and faith in God. This is the prayer: "Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for our sins. I have done the following sins (state these out) and I pray to discontinue these sins. I pray to receive Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior forever. In Jesus' name, amen." I'm Lutheran and I like the Baptist churches too. You could check out a Christian church and also see about their weekly Bible study group as a good way to learn about God's will for your life. You can pray to God about your daily life and have a Christian church pray for you.