How to stop a muscle spasms from happening?

I have been getting muscle spasms in my back lately. And I heard that eating bananas help because of their potassium. If that is true, then is the reason I keep getting them is that I don't have enough potassium in my diet? And does adding more to my diet help?

Favorite Answer

Epsom salt baths, stretching and core strengthening. There's also a product called Biofreeze. Look it up it's good stuff and it works.

• imsety

Most of the body's potassium is located inside the cells. Potassium is necessary for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, and muscles.

Potassium balance is achieved by matching the amount of potassium taken in through food lost. Potassium is taken in through food and electrolyte-containing drinks and lost primarily in urine, although some potassium is also lost through the digestive tract and in sweat. Healthy kidney are able to adjust the excretion of potassium to match changes in dietary intake. Some drugs and certain conditions affect the movement of potassium into and out of cells, which greatly influences the potassium level in the blood. Potassium has been shown to modestly reduce blood pressure, but that doesn't mean that more is better for everyone. As for yourself, you can easily get all the potassium you need through a diet that contains plenty of fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.

Potassium is a mineral found naturally in most foods. Raw fruits, juices and vegetables are especially high in potassium and should be avoid, if you have a kidney disease or with high blood pressure medication, such as lisinopril. See your health care provider for consultation. I hope this helps you. And good luck, and happy holidays.

Yes both bananas and Gatorade. I know because I get low potassium and this always helps so much.

warm water and salt on your back.