Annie
Lv 7
Annie asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Would killing Osama Bin Laden The 11th attacks have made a difference to global terrorism?

'Donald Rumsfeld had the chance when he was US defence secretary in December 2001 to make sure Osama bin Laden was killed or captured, but let him slip through his hands, a Senate report has found.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov…

'The report by the Senate foreign relations committee is damning of the way George Bush's administration conducted the aftermath of its bombing campaign in Afghanistan, saying it amounted to a "lost opportunity". It states that as a result of allowing the al-Qaida leader to flee from his Tora Bora stronghold into Pakistan, Americans were left more vulnerable to terrorism, and the foundations were laid for today's protracted Afghan insurgency. It also lays blame for the July 2005 London bombings on a failure to kill the al-Qaida leaders at Tora Bora.'

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Osama Bin Ladin has been dead for years. He was 6'3, 130 pounds when he died of kidney failure due to complications from diabetes. It was widely reported in Pakistani news papers.

• 1 decade ago

The radical muslims will never stop now. This war, if that's what you call it; will never end. No matter if we take out Osama or all the terrorist leader movements. It's like being an American, even if you killed every president, the American people would not submit, due wholly to our ideals and culture. Bush or any past and future president is not to blame. If you think it is Bush's fault for allowing this to happen, then what should he have done? Nuked the whole country? Obama would rather blame Bush than to do anything about it himself. If Obama does catch Osama, they'll kiss and make up and smack each other on the butt. Osama will be running the country along with Obama, playing grab a s s in the white house. =D

• 1 decade ago

Well to address your question and pfo simultaneously, I will first quip that nobody in their right minds would think that killing OBL would have ended terrorism. It's also extremely easy to armchair quarterback and make judgements with hindsight about past actions. I think if they knew then what is known now, OBL would be pushing up daisys.

However, I think catching or killing OBL would have made a difference in global terrorism. While others would take his place, they would do so with the knowledge that they might be killed too. I think a few accidental detonations over Al Jazeera and CNN would make a bigger difference to global terrorism. Take away their audience, you take the wind out of their sails. Not saying we SHOULD do that, just speculation on what WOULD happen...

• 1 decade ago

It wont make any difference to terrorism if Bin Laden is dead, because he will become some sort of hero and others will take his place. But also because there are so many other different terrorist groups that aren't affiliated to Bin Laden.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pfo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Lots of acts of terror committed against America, as far as I know, none of them personally committed by Osama himself. Lots of suicide bombers, none of them has been Osama.

People that think taking out Osama will end terrorism are thinking with a G.I. Joe mentality.

What about KSM? What about the other leaders? You kill Osama, someone will take his place. Depending on how he dies, he might even inspire more to join his cause.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Some, but you know what.. these would only be another insane fool to take his place.

These people have no real reason for the way they are.. they call it religion, but there is no God or Allah who is this horrid... they are all just little men who dream of big power. Give it to them and they will become fat cats just like all the rest.

They are all jokes!

• i think bin linder men is just another oswald folks. they are not looking for him.

• 1 decade ago

yes if you have a figure head you have a place for radicals to gather under if you have a dead figure that would demotivate them!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.