Will i qualify for a $175k home loan with bad credit but with 10k down in CA?

just trying to see some opinions out there. i will be a first time buyer but my credit score has been pretty bad (585) since i bought a motorcycle back in 06' for my husband. after he wrecked it, we haven't been paying the bill cause he had lost his job. but now that we aren't kids anymore, we have been... show more just trying to see some opinions out there. i will be a first time buyer but my credit score has been pretty bad (585) since i bought a motorcycle back in 06' for my husband. after he wrecked it, we haven't been paying the bill cause he had lost his job. but now that we aren't kids anymore, we have been paying a little bit and have saved up about 10k and we're looking to see if we can get a home loan for under $175,000 and then pay off the bike with our tax refund as we progress. well lmk if you can point out something for me as a 1st time home buyer. i live in the greater sacramento area and would appreciate any input. thanks in advance.

btw, what do they mean by bankruptcy house, repo, bank owned, etc. i don't understand the differences on these, can someone clarify and would it be cheaper and something that i can probably be qualified for?

what are the steps to take and where do i start? who should i start talking to first? a loan officer??