can tenant sue landlord for this?

"Tenant " went into the house b4 lease term start without the knowledge of the landlord and fall down in the house. can the tenant sue the landlord for and injury?

Best Answer

You can't, but you still have to prove the landlord caused you to fall. Just the fact that you fell does not mean anything.

Expect to receive criminal charges of breaking and entering.

You have no grounds to sue anybody! Considering that the other things you say they do sounds like normal living noise, I seriously doubt that this other noise is legally excessive so there is really nothing you can do about it. In order to take ANY action you would have to prove that the noise is excessive and that the landlord is not doing anything about it. The landlord is correct the the police will not do anything. They will not intervene unless the noise is loud enough to break the law. None of the other things you said they do is against the law nor against most leases. That is just something you must deal with in apartments. You CANNOT get someone evicted or sue them just because you think they are irritating!! Grow up, get a life and find a free standing house to rent before YOU drive everyone else nuts!!

Why was the tenant in the house before the lease started and without the landlords knowledge?

The "tenant" would be coming to court with what is called "unclean hands" meaning they were trespassing or breaking the law entering the premises without permission. You cannot expect to be rewarded for breaking the law.

Actually, the Landlord is liable for injuries occurring on his property even when the action of the injured contributed to the injury. For example: If the stairs collapsed the trespassing would not remove his obligation to have maintained the property. A jury would be asked to determine a dollar amount say $10,000 and then the jury would have to decide how much the actions of the injured contributed to the injury. If they decide the person is 85% at fault for their own injury the landlord would owe $1.500.

Not fair but that is the way it works. The owner is responsible for whatever happens on their land. I go over the bring you some Christmas cookies and I fall and break my leg through no fault of your own - your homeowners insurance - not my health insurance pays for the medical costs. Same with car insurance . I was reaching for the door of my 4x4 and I slipped in the snow and broke my elbow - my auto insurance paid, not my home owners or my medical plan.

That tenant can sue the landlord,hence, you also got a case to fix for trespassing. But the Tenant has an excellent chance to win due to the physical injuries. So if you are the tenant, sue your landlord now, this might be the chance for him to learn his lessons.

No, even when the lease has started : he has to prove that the landlord is responsible of his falling down. He needs a good Lawyer to prove his CASE.

Source(s): Comon sense

Depends on whether lanlord had any reason to expect your visit. If so, maybe, if you fell b/c of lanlord's negligence.

I doubt you could sue when you are trespassing. Though he could sue you for tresspassing. Give it up.

no you cant its called tresspassing