Captain asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you consider having to go through full body scanners at the airport an "invasion of privacy"?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/29/tsa-loo...

I personally don't. I have nothing to hide, and I have no problem with these being utilized on myself and others if it will stop potential terrorist attacks.

In the wake of what almost happened in Detroit, I honestly don't see why some people would be opposed to these scans.

Favorite Answer

It is a necessary 'invasion of privacy'.

More like a violation of my Constitutional rights under the Fourth Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

---------->>>>>>

I fully expect to get many thumbs -up for this answer from the Cons who are always screaming about how this or that issue is unconstitutional

I consider it an invasion of privacy.

What's next, the terrorist simply swallows the bomb and waits for it to go off?

Then what, do we all need to get MRIs before we get on a plane?

It's ridiculous. We need to stop terrorism, but we also need to protect our rights.

While they are doing full body scans the next bomb may show up in checked luggage, or could come from a missile launched at an airplane during take off.

No.

I do wish that they were not necessary, however. At least I don't have subject myself to strip searches by pervy security guards. Full body scanners are highly preferable.

Two days ago, I answered this same question and said I would rather be safe and alive then worry about my invasion of privacy. You would not believe all the thumbs down I got. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

• Mike S

An insufferable inconvenience. Heard on the news today that the terrorists already have them for training. Makes me feel real safe, how about you. Have a good day

Remember that Schwarzenegger movie where he's on Mars and they have that huge x-ray like scanner that can detect firearms - that'd be rad.

I like to form a chub and walk on through

No. I have to do the same thing every time I go to the courthouse.

NO! and immediately after your body scan is through, it is erased!