Do you feel Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is qualified for the Job?

I realize that she is Scary looking and built like a Defensive Tackle, which is great if the job is for the Chicago Bears, yet one would think that the Position would require an education and Background in Law enforcement, and to be competent and reassuring when speaking in public concerning the Public`s safety, she is the former Governor of Arizona which has the highest Kidnapping and abduction rates in the America by far, and then makes the claim that the security system worked just as was supposed work, when it was obvious it was just Dumb luck, and the extraordinary work of the the paying passengers that foiled what could have been a major Disaster. should she be replaced or are we in good hands with Napolitano?

Favorite Answer

I have a major problem with the out of control growth of government. I realize that something needed to be done after the attack on 911. But starting a new branch of government was unnecessary and a waste of the taxpayers money.

We have law enforcement agencies FBI, CIA, etc.

When an incident occurs this government instead of alerting the existing agencies that they need more training in a particular area they instead create yet another branch of government to be funded by yet another increase in taxes.

We need to reduce the size of government to one that can function more efficiently. Any time there is an increase in personnel there is also an increase in inefficiency and a greater drain on the taxpayers. Why do we continually invest in government sponsored programs by increasing taxes or creating new ones and realizing less for our efforts?

That being said. I must agree with you, Napolitano has no back ground in law enforcement she is unneeded as is the entire Home Land Security branch of government.

Has anyone even bothered to look into the size of this new branch of law enforcement? How much do they cost us? Are we getting the best bang for the buck? Could this have been done with the existing law enforcement agencies? The answer must be yes. Existing agencies could have and can modify their internal operations saving tax dollars and run far more efficiently than that of creating another unneeded branch of government that must coordinate with those that already exist.

• Carol

Baaaa loney. They are playing with e-verify, they are extending the Real I.D. implementation time. They seem to be jerking us around as hard as they can. Over 60% of the people want the illegal aliens deported. Some 23% feel they want them deported in certain categories. About 17% don't want them deported. Napolitano is flopping around like a fish on a bank. We need to know the Obama folks are going to enforce the Immigration Law until his revision are approved... or not. Alan Bersin may know something we don't know, but I think it would be very, very wise to tell us today. i will say that when Alan suggested the military should not be used to defend the border, his vaunted intelligence just took a hard hit. But when he also suggests the National Guard cannot be used by the Governors to do as they want, he missed again. We may be in trouble.

Couple more things... she has burdened productive Arizonans like myself with a $2 billion budget deficit after she turned on the big government goodie bag during the housing bubble. Also, she apologized to the Mexican government when a couple of illegal alien criminals got roughed up near Tucson. She's a disgrace, she's a disgrace to the state of Arizona and I guess I'm glad she's everyone's problem now. Welcome to my world.

...just like Clinton had to pick an Old Lesbian to be Attorney General ("Janet" Reno); Obama had to pick an Old Lesbian as the Homeland Security Director !

(America needs "Janet" Napoltino about as much as Custer needed another Indian !)

Source(s): Scabs, The Prophet
  • Ron R

I have never gotton the impression that she even acts like she is in charge of anything.......I think she is just a figure head.......the only time we hear from her is when something goes wrong and she never has any answers....but she sure as heck has time to put make up on........put cheney in that job and watch things straighten up....

Source(s): she's just a paper shuffler....

Incompatano? No she is not qualified and does not have the will to do the job.

Have you ever heard of the Peter Principle? Well the Whole 0bama administration is a study in it.

Yeah. Atta boy, Janet. The questin now is...will Obama admit that he wet the bed when he hired her? I'm guessing no.

Well unless she can scare them with her face we are screwed ! No she is beyond help and can't paddle fast enough to keep her head above the water !

• t

I'm really staring to think overall in every part of our government that politicians are worthless and don't know how to do anything anymore.

Arizonian.

HE// no and the Wanna be Reno proves it over and over.

Look at Arizona we are so glad she is gone.

But not to DC and HS.