Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Are there herbs to PREVENT SINUS INFECTION?

I make tinctures for my children and myself and I am wondering what herbs prevent sinus infection I read up on this long ago and forgot the herbs.I know how to take care of them that's not what I Wish to know PREVENT is what im out for.Links would be nice I would like to read up on the herbs before making my tinctures.Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Herbal remedies are there to alleviate the symptoms by reducing inflammation and, if you still take prescription medications, also help them in curing the infection. Of course, some of them like Echinacea, help tremendously in not only giving a fillip to your immune system but also help prevent colds and shorten the duration of your cold or flu.

A highly effective herb is Quercitin which contains anti-oxidants and helps to promote healthy circulation and boosts immunity. Another carefully selected herb is Euphrasia officinalis (Eyebright) which is beneficial for good eye health. In addition, homeopathic ingredients such as Arsen alb, Nat. mur. and Kali mur. help to maintain the skin and nervous system as well as liver health.

You may get details on these herbs over here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/s/...

This is a rough one. I were in opposition to treatment for many years, however as soon as I began getting sinus infections three-6 instances a yr, then 6-10/12 months. it bought to be a BIG predicament - and VERY painful. It should be dealt with with antibiotics. If if is going untreated, like in my case, you're much more likely to broaden persistent sinusitis - no longer a well factor to have. You will undergo, and the one factor that may avoid it at that factor is a surgical procedure, wherein they scrape all of the pollups within your sinuses and right the septum (if that has been compromised - like in my case). Think approximately your total well being....longterm. Sinus infections don't seem to be to be handled calmly. More headaches pop out of being untreated, despite the fact that you consider larger for a whilst.

I'm not sure about herbs, but since vitamin D is good for preventing the flu, that might be worth a try ( not that there is much sun this time of the year, a supplement might help though ). Although milk thistle is not specifically suggested for sinus infections, the beneficial effect it has on the liver and digestion could conceivably help the sinuses too.

• Tony I

A good herbalist can probably give you a much better answer than I can, but for now I would say that I agree with Cyndianne and would also advise regular consumption of locally grown raw organic honey to help with local pollen allergens. You may want to alternate your echinacea with goldenseal (some report that people build a tolerance to echinacea when consumed regularly) and perhaps take some olive leaf extract too.

Echinacea is one of many herbals that help prevent sinus infection. There are more listed on the link. Personally I use colloidal silver and never get sinus infections, colds or the flu. It's as simple as that!

Silver shield by naturessunshine, mullien and there is an excellent formul called ALJ I can send you info on if you email me askrhonda@yahoo.com It comes in capsule form and liquid and contains

boneset, mullein, fennel, fenugreek, horseradish. I noursishes and supports the entire respiratory tract. Also supports healthy lung function and immune support.

I heard the netty pot is a good maintenance routine to keep the sinus clean and safe.