promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lv 6
. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

COLIN or BRADLEY?

I'm 34 weeks with a little boy; my husband and I have narrowed it down to two names for his first name. Bradley or Colin/Collin. We ruled out Leon in the end.

He will have two middle names (both are *definitely* staying) which are Morgan and Ralph. So which one?

Bradley Morgan Ralph

OR

Colin/Collin Morgan Ralph?

NOTE: Ralph is pronounced RAYF (like the name Rafe) as this is the Old English pronounciation and a big part of a naming tradition. Everyone where we live knows how to pronounce it.

BQ: Do you prefer the spelling COLIN or COLLIN? We can't decide.

Thanks in advance!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I see your predicament: I love love love the names Bradley and Colin. They're fresh and modern, but somehow they don't seem the least bit trendy. I get the feeling from these two names that they'll be around for a long time.

Colin, in my opinion, is the ultimate masculine Irish boy's name. It reminds me of freckles, clovers, and rolling green hills. The only two downsides I can speculate upon are that (1) it also slightly reminds me of "colon" and (2) with Colin and Morgan both ending in the "-en" suffix, they sound a little bit repetitive next to one another. And let's face it, I'm really digging here because the name is lovely.

Bradley Morgan Ralph is perfection. I associate the "Br-" prefix with masculinity because my brother's name is Brian. Bradley says sophisticated, educated parents. And it goes adorable with Rosie as a big sister. :] Good luck to you!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I love both names, I really do but I think that Bradley Morgan Ralph go great together :)

If you were to choose Colin/Collin, I like the spelling Colin (although everyone says "No, it looks like the organ!")

• 1 decade ago

I like Bradley more than Collin, personally.

It ages very well in my opinion. Bradley as a child, then Brad as an adult. Bradley Morgan Ralph sounds wonderful.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bradley Morgan Ralph is definitely better. I've never liked Colin, it just doesn't suit a child/teen/young adult.

If you do use Colin, just 1 L is the better spelling. Its too much with 2.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bradley Morgan Ralph sounds best.

• 1 decade ago

Bradley Morgan Ralph

G2B

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bradley!

It's handsome, fresh, and all around masculine. It carries the strong nickname 'Brad' but yet, it isn't pretentious at all. It flows much better with 'Morgan Ralph' as well. I'm not too fond of Collin (my preferred spelling). It also sounds terrible with Morgan as both names end with a strong 'n' sound. Bradley Morgan Ralph flows right off the tongue. It's an incredible combination!

Congrats :)

• 1 decade ago

By far i choose Bradley.

Hate the spelling Colin because it looks like Colon.

Collin is okay but sounds a bit like a dorky, nerd....sorry just my associates. and Ralph will be pronounds as the common R owl f and not Rafe here in the usa not sure where you are from

Source(s): *jenns opinion*
  • 1 decade ago

Collin

• 1 decade ago

I would go with Collin and spell it with two L's. Unless Bradley is a family name, I wouldn't use it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.