Windows Explorer has stopped Working?

This afternoon, suddenly I getthe dialog that 'Windows Explorer has stopped working'

With the option to restart/check online for solution and debug.

Now, the problem details are ar follows:

Problem event name: APPCRASH

Application: Explorer.EXE

and get this, it says fault module name: DivXMFSource.dll v. 1.0.0.53

I googled this dll online, and I found that it was used for MKV files.

Then I realized that I was experimenting with extracting audio from an MKV file when this happened.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? For one thing I can't find the dll anywhere. (And I can't search, because everytime I restart explorer it crashes again)

I would be so grateful if anyone could come with a solution =]

BTW, I'm running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Thanks, but I solved it.

For anyone having the same problem (also with the divxmfsource.dll file) the solution is to just reinstall divx xD

• mackie

Try going so as to add and get rid of methods within the manipulate panel. There might be a "home windows add-ons" phase at the left. Select Internet Explorer and get rid of it out of your pc. Then utilizing both Netscape or mozilla, set up the most recent variant of explorer onto your pc. If all else fails cross to the begin menu then components, approach equipment and eventually approach repair to revive your pc to a prior date wherein you didn't incur the drawback. Thanks