how do i qualify for social security disabilty benefits?

for the past 10 years i 've been dealing with constant bad breath coming out of both my nose and mouth , i so far had 3 nasal operations with no success. I have constant nasal congestion,bad breath , nasal sound voice,anxiety, depression blurred vision etc and and the most crazy thing i have no friends at all, no girlfriend no life .i can not even find a job because of that.

i never give up but my future is very uncertain i need help , since i am almost unemployable will i qualify for social security benefits,, cause i can not live without oncome..thanx for the answers

• Favorite Answer

Go down in person (so that they can smell you) with any medical papers that shows the operations and a statement from your doctor and give it a shot.

They let people who are:

too drugged up to work.

too fat to work

too boozed up to work

too bad of ***? to work

I agree with you.

Is your blurred vision correctable with glasses? Did you type this?

Maybe I don't agree with you. You never give up. How about a job using your home computer? Go to a local community college and see about learning to program while getting paid with a re-hab grant. If you were close to Indian Hill Comm College I think they or a college like them might be able to help. Try your state's employment center, in Iowa it's called Iowa Workforce Development. They might have additional ideas.

Just thinking out loud.

Hope that helped.

• Andrea

In this day and age it is harder to get disability for alot of conditions because they send you for "treatment" or try to rehabilitate you! My daughter has bipolar disorder, and PTSD, and personality trait disorder among some physical problems and manic depression. She has fought the system for about 4 years and always has been turned down, because they keep trying new medications etc. to see if she can get better. Being bipolar is the reason why she has had so much problem just even getting along in a workplace with her fellow employees. Then when you add physical problems, you really don't have a chance to succeed. We have been told to consult an attorney and have him fight it out in front of a judge. Good luck with your case.

Social Security would have to determine that you were unable to do any kind of work before approving disability benefits. I suspect they would find your problems entertaining but not qualifying.

http://www.ssa.gov has info. You cannot self-diagnose yourself as "disabled." You'll need medical proof.

you had to have worked for at least a year and be at least 62.

• Sane

No you do not qualify.