A question about my dead Sim...?

I have The Sims 3 and my sim has died from starvation. It was fun watching her die, but I want to be able to bring her back to life, or at least be a playable ghost. I read that the people from the science facility will call my unskilled sim for an opportunity to try to revive her, but it has been one sim month and... show more I have The Sims 3 and my sim has died from starvation. It was fun watching her die, but I want to be able to bring her back to life, or at least be a playable ghost. I read that the people from the science facility will call my unskilled sim for an opportunity to try to revive her, but it has been one sim month and I've not gotten that call.

Also, if you know any fun ways to kill your sims, or tell me how to be friends with the Grim Reaper, that would be appreciated.