Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

In Japanese, what's the difference between urusai and urusei?

I think they both mean shut up, but what's the difference?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Urusai and urusei both mean the same thing; raucous, boisterous, annoying, loud (however you want to put it). Or if you're saying it to someone, then it will mean, as you said, "shut up", "be quiet", etc.

The difference is that although both of them are neither polite nor formal, "urusai" is more polite than "urusei".

"Urusei" is also used more often by men, but some women use "urusei", too. (although I will not recommend it). I'm a Japanese girl, and sometimes when I'm really mad, I sometimes tend to use "urusei" (only toward my brother though haha). But men use "urusai", too.

In other words, you probably shouldn't use "urusei" and just forget about that word! xDD

I hope that helped ;)

Source(s): My Japanese.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In Japanese, what's the difference between urusai and urusei?

I think they both mean shut up, but what's the difference?

Source(s): japanese 39 difference urusai urusei: https://biturl.im/LkffR
  • Tom
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

They both mean annoying urusai is the correct word. urusei is the male expression. If you are a female, I would not use the second one.

Source(s): native speaker
  • 1 decade ago

Basically, urusai and urusei mean same meaning. However, I think urusei is more rought than urusai.Urusei may impress us as bad impression.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • harvis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Urusei

• 1 decade ago

urusai means "annoying" but is often used to say "shut up."

uruse also means "annoying" but it is the rude form of urusai. Basically, men are more likely to use uruse, as it is ruder.

Hope that helps.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

うるさい is the formal version. うるせい is the slang form. It's like the difference between saying "be quiet" and "shut up." They mean the same, but "shut up" is more informal. "ano" is like saying "ummmm..."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.