Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What is your favourite sci-fi/fantasy novel? I need recommendations!!?

I'm totally addicted to this genre of books and at the moment, my favourites are The First Law Trilogy by Jo Abercrombie and The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks as well as inheritance cycle, the hobbit etc...

My favourite fantasy novels are gritty and more character-centric. I don't like books that centre too much on glory and all that garb. I like them to be a bit evil and human with some magic thrown in. Sorry for waffling.

I'm not sure what book to go for next. Anyone got any suggestions? what are your favourite fantasy novels? cheers guys x

Favorite Answer

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My FAV sifi book is called " Zahrah The windseeker" By Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu (yes that is a real author.) (an it is spelled correctly)

Its about this girl who has to save her friends life, but to do so she has to go into this forbidden jungle, in the proccess she realizes she can fly. In the book Earth is a distant place. LOVE the book so much. highly recomended

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. very Human with a little magic, ie witches, Panserbjorne ( armored polarbears) dæmons (little spirit creatures) angles (be carefull with the last book, most people dont like it).

Source(s): These books do not support Authism and everyone need to read them!

SF but not fantasy, I just love this book and you may too -- "Solaris" by Stanisław Lem.

• Lydia

Pendragon

Percy Jackson

Gemma Doyle

(So far these are all series's ( is that right?) )

That's all I can think of!

Mine? Please!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhFo6...

• gibbz

HARRY POTTER!!!!