_Bogie_ asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should Janet Napolitano resign?

Teekno - When a man on a terrorist watch list is allowed on a flight without a passport, you're OK with that?

You're OK with complete obliviousness about the 9/11 terror attacks?

You're OK when she insults veterans, claiming they might be an increased source of violence?

Update:

Napolitano calls acts of terror "man-caused disasters" in an attempt to "move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur":

http://fray.slate.com/discuss/forums/thread/353869...

Napolitano focuses her agency's attention on "right-wing extremism" as a violent threat:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/14/extremism.r...

Napolitano says "crossing the border is not a crime per se"

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/19/sot...

Naploitano made the flat out false claim that the 9/11 terrorists came across the Canadian border:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Napolitano

And now, she makes the bizarre claim that security procedures "worked", and that the process went "very smoothly" on December 25th in Detroit. She later recented, saying her remarks were "taken out of context." (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091228/ap_on_go_ca_st...

Here's the transcript. What context could be provided here to say that her claim that "the system worked" was "out of context?"

"What we are focused on is making sure that the air environment remains safe, that people are confident when they travel. And one thing I’d like to point out is that the system worked. Everybody played an important role here. The passengers and crew of the flight took appropriate action. Within literally an hour to 90 minutes of the incident occurring, all 128 flights in the air had been notified to take some special measures in light of what had occurred on the Northwest Airlines flight. We instituted new measures on the ground and at screening areas, both here in the United States and in Europe, where this flight originated. So the whole process of making sure that we respond properly, correctly and effectively went very smoothly."

Should Janet Napolitano resign?

Or...should she be brought up on charges?

Update 2:

Max Hoopla - You don't think here statements show a certain ignorance, even stupidity?

Update 3:

Red Star - When a man on a terrorist watch list is allowed on a flight without a passport, you're OK with that? You justify it by citing the day a visa was issued, in spite of the fact that it was not extended due to his terrorist ties?

Update 4:

Good answer Lying Republican - required a lot of thought there.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Getting Attorney General Eric Holder to indict his partner in crime Janet "Crazy Lady" Napolitano (1) is a non-starter. It's sure a pity. Just Crazy Lady's malfeasance on the immigration issue is probably grounds for indictment.

Holder should be under indictment himself for failing to investigate the City of St. Louis's failure to prosecute the racially-charged beating of a town hall protester by SEIU goons. He's certainly not going to prosecute the woman who cooperated with him in trying to make conservatism a criminal offense (or at least a pretext for DHS's "fusion centers" to dig for dirt in conservatives' lives).

Obama is to Nixon as Eric Holder is to John Mitchell and Napolitano is to.... G. Gordon Liddy? I see some stonewalling in the Obama White House (see, I was awake during Watergate) before Napolitano resigns. She may have a map of where some embarrassing bones are buried in Obama's Washington.

Speaking of Watergate and its modern echoes, it's probably early days to expect special prosecutors to be appointed for Obama-ite malfeasance in office. Someone once suggested that a special prosecutor be appointed on Inauguration Day after each Presidential election, just because. It's sounding more and more like a brilliant idea. Change and hope, my a**.

• nguyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Open letter to The Honorable Janet Napolitano Madam I heard your apology this morning on Fox News for "adding" Military Veterans within the Right Wing Extremist "For OFFICIAL Use Only" Warning that has been published to regional legislation enforcement and different executive businesses. She says she regrets "the inclusion of Military on this record". Does that imply you could no longer incorporate Military Veterans within the Classified Version additionally? People don't forget that that is the FOUO variant after which there may be the customary record that those FOUO 13 pages got here from. That customary is Classified (what degree unknown). Do you Janet Napolitano feel that US Military are skills Domestic Terrorists? I suppose you do. To the Department of Homeland Security are not we at the identical aspect to guard this country? Why are Military contributors a chance? Because we now have potential? the equipment? The Abilities? Does that make each feminine a skills prostitute? They have the potential, the equipment and the potential? In the record it mentions Timmy McVeigh. He used to be previous navy. Does that still make each College Professor a home terrorist since of Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground? I heard this as soon as i have no idea wherein however it kind of feels to keep water. A Government that fears its residents will have to be feared. TSgt USAF Retired

• 1 decade ago

"You're doing a heck of a job Brownie!"

Oops, I mean, "You're doing a heck of a job Janet!"

Leave her alone, the system is working, she has kept veterans, tea party participants, patriotic snake flag fliers and all sorts of other honorable Americans from doing anything like this. I feel much safer than I did a year ago knowing she is watching those groups closely. Besides, he only managed to get the device onto the plane, why should that trouble any of us.

Max - I think the point is that the media and the Left should be treating the current Adminstration exactly as they did the previous one. Anytime anything happened during the Bush Adminstration, all sorts of negative comments were made (remember Peter Jennings on 911) and all sorts of calls for resignation. Let's start to apply the same standards to ALL of our leaders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She is doing exactly what the Obama wants her to do. We need to start letting the muslims have successful attacks in the US and then let them have their day in court too. That way we can all see how terrible America really is. The Obama is tearing this country apart from the inside. Khrushev was definitely correct on his predictions for America in the 1960's.

Source(s): Note the sarcasm
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All of the Obama administration should be ridden out on a rail.

• 1 decade ago

She is a joke just like the rest of the O admin.

They should ALL resign!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

janet should do the honorable act and commit Seppuku.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everybody who is the boss of anybody who makes one mistake should resign or be fired. Nothing short of absolute perfection should tolerated from anybody.

• the visa mutallab had was issued in June 2008.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A terrorist attack was foiled and since the Y! Answers conservative logic mandates that every thing that happened is her fault, she should be commended.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.