Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

If doctors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US then Why.....?

do we worry about taking guns off the street. Looks to me like the doctors are more deadly than guns by far.

Hey CeCe read baby read

Favorite Answer

Gee Treat the Cause what could have possibly inspired you to ask that question. :-)

Thanks for the gun analogy-it had me laughing.

For those in denial 225,000 recorded deaths per year from iatrogenic causes!!

What does the word iatrogenic mean? This term is defined as induced in a patient by a physician's activity, manner, or therapy. Used especially of a complication of treatment.

And just think if this is recorded, how much goes unrecorded!!! Education over medication.

As for sources, check out the JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association). Even they can't hide the facts. It is in fact the third leading cause of death/injury/chronic induced conditions, etc.

Just google "death by doctor" and see what comes up.

I understand that people are compelled to cling to denial as often they believe they would die without them. Talk about a catch-22 quagmire.

Doctors are considered the third leading cause of death because they get blamed for not being able to save a patient.

You know I have to agree with you, i just found that doctors are using an incredibly lethal substance in their treatments:

In 2005 this substance was directly responsible for 3582 deaths, many of them infants.

This chemical can often be found in many types of nerve gas, and blood agents.

This substance can also contribute to the spread of cholera and dysentery.

And yet doctors still use it. It's completely sick on their part, and this chemical should be banned from their use.

Source(s): The substance I speak of is water. 3582 people drowned in the US in 2005:

This is absolutely untrue. You have completely false information. I think what you are thinking of is the statistic that 100,000 people a year die from medical mistakes. This usually happens in hospitals due to errors such as giving the wrong medication dosage.

Not really true. Guns are what causes people to go to doctors and hospitals in first place. So by eliminating guns you won't have to go to doctors or hospitals as often.

Your Mama is worried.

Because they're not. What poll are you looking at?