Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Do you feel safe flying knowing that "that big lug" Janet Napolitano is head of homeland security?

Best Answer

Is she the one that said Veterans and Pro-life Americans are terrorists or did Obama suddenly have a tad of wisdom and replace the one that suggested this? If this was her and is still in this appointed office, no I do not feel safe in flying or even living in my home except I still have a right to bear arms for now. Earl

Source(s): Reported on all major networks.. hope you did not miss what a rediculous bunch of low lifes Obama has as appointees.. Not all, but many are.

It is not a matter of feeling safe. I firmly believe that security is an illusion. While there are things we can do to protect ourselves we can never be safe without sacrificing essential liberty. What distresses me about this is how broadly the report is written. It basically says that if you are against expanding federal government control (i.e believe in the 10th amendment), oppose abortion, oppose illegal immigration or have served your country in wartime that you are in danger of becoming a violent extremist. To some greater or lesser degree this touches a wide spectrum of society, not just right wingers. The simple fact is that the official DHS position is that if you disagree with the administration in any way that you are a potential terrorist. I absolutely have a problem with this concept.

Yes, the same Janet Napolitano that smeared military veterans and called them extremists.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, charged with the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest Airlines flight 253, told FBI agents there were more just like him in Yemen who would strike soon.

• Bobbie

Yes, flying is still A LOT safer than driving your car down the street to buy some milk.

No I don't feel safe flying. And it's the entire American ruling class who attacks us. Remember, it was Bush, Cheney and the neocons who attacked us on 9-11 in an effort to rally support for their imperialist desires as laid out in their bible, The Project for a New American Century. Until we bring down America's criminal ruling class, we will never be safe.

Loose Change

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448...

1:29:22 - 3 years ago

Dylan Avery, Korey Rowe, and Jason Bermas bring you the most powerful 9/11 Documentary yet. Updated!!!!

Disturbing questions in thwarted US plane bombing

By Barry Grey

28 December 2009

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/dec2009/plne-d28...

• ?

This woman makes me sick. She is a complete know nothing, should never be in this position.

Why did Obama put her there? Perhaps because he knows she is incompetent.. will it make it easier then for Muslim extremists to bomb the hell out of our airlines... is this his plan!

• maxmom

Yes, I do feel safe. No planes have blown up or been taken down by terrorists.

The guy on Christmas day was one solitary unbalanced individual, much like the (American) shoe bomber.

If I really have to fly inside the USA I merely ask my neighbor to take me. He has pilot lic and owns his own twin engine Cherokee.

Oh, is Janet in charge of the Amsterdam airport? I didn't realize that.