WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROBLEM?

During windows setup, upon loading Kernel Debugger, a blue screen appears saying " file setupdd.sys could not be loaded error code 32768" when i restarted a black screen appeared and stated " INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 32768. Setup cannot continue". I ran scandisk and did surface scan. on the log file the surface scan had problem. It says ' data could not be written to cluster 2. the \IO.SYS file is currently using cluster 2. ScanDisk did not patch the cluster" Do i need to change my HDD or are there any other alternative? thanks!

Update:

Is the problem on hdd or RAM?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

change your partition with any partition software. like partition magic etc.

first make a 1gb partition and than 5 or 4 gb make second partition active and boot able.

now make all partition and

than delete 1st 1gb partition yes its should not format only delete after making and before booting from this drive.

it is teted and working.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Teresa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If the CD doesnt boot, its a hardware issue. The ONLY way to fix it is to have Acer fix it up, they will put in new parts or get you a whole new laptop. Sorry, but you cant do anything as it is. I use linux on my Acer Aspire, what exactly do you NEED windows for? If your job depends on it, then do this: On linux, open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get install virtualbox" This is a virtual machine for linux. You can use your windows XP cd to install windows INSIDE of linux. Everything you need on windows, will install and work within this virtual machine. Its really easy to set up, and it will work because it wont be dependent on your hardware, which is apparently faulty. You can then fullscreen this Virtual XP, and to everyone that sees your computer it will LOOK and WORK just like Windows.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The most computer pop up problems are born in a part of your system which hardly anyone knows or understands - the registry. This is the central database of Windows, which actually stores some of your computer's most important files and settings.Everything from your latest emails to your desktop wallpaper are kept in this database, making it one of the most used parts of the Windows system.Because it's used so much, the registry database is actually prone to becoming corrupt and damaged, which makes Windows struggle to read the files inside it. Unfortunately, 100's of registry files are corrupted every week and Windows has no way to protect against it - it's this problem which causes most of your computer's problems.You can use a Registry cleaner. http://make-a-computer-run-better.com It can scan and fix your Windows system errors, protect your Windows system from problem.You can scan your pc for free! Good Luck!

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROBLEM?

During windows setup, upon loading Kernel Debugger, a blue screen appears saying " file setupdd.sys could not be loaded error code 32768" when i restarted a black screen appeared and stated " INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 32768. Setup cannot continue". I...

Source(s): windows xp installation problem: https://tinyurl.im/BCuFi
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This may be currupted files on Windows XP setup CD or the RAM may be affected by dust.Check whether you are using a fresh Windows XP CD,or try cleaning RAM yourself or by customer care.

this can also be corrupted ntldr.sys file on you system.

• 1 decade ago

clean the windows cd real good and reload windows

• 1 decade ago

you might want to go to microsoft update and in the top right window type in the search box "fix 32768" hope it works for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.