Questions about suiting separates for men?

I'd like to buy my boyfriend some nice clothes as a late Christmas gift, so I have a couple questions. 1) My boyfriend is African American. What colors would look best with his skin tone? (He tends to wear similar colors all the time, so it's hard for me to guess what he would look good in.) 2) ... show more I'd like to buy my boyfriend some nice clothes as a late Christmas gift, so I have a couple questions.

1) My boyfriend is African American. What colors would look best with his skin tone? (He tends to wear similar colors all the time, so it's hard for me to guess what he would look good in.)

2) There are so many different types of dress shirts for men. Even pointing me toward a source that would explain the differences between them would be vastly helpful.

3) Are all ties expensive? Lol. Target tends to be practical, and I like the way their clothes tend to be styled, but most of their ties are almost $20. Is that normal? Has anyone bought a tie at H&M before? (I also like their styling.)

Most helpful answer gets the points. Thanks in advance for your help!!