Do you know cover-versions more famous the the original ones?

There are some covers so popular and successful that people even don't know they are just cover-versions, such as: 1. "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" - covered by Marvin Gaye (1968), originally performed by several artists but released in the version of Gladis Knight & The Pips (1967) 2.... show more There are some covers so popular and successful that people even don't know they are just cover-versions, such as:

1. "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" - covered by Marvin Gaye (1968), originally performed by several artists but released in the version of Gladis Knight & The Pips (1967)

2. "Tainted Love" - covered by Soft Cell (1981), originally performed by Gloria Jones (1964)
3. "Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin' on Me)" - covered by Joss Stone (2004), originally performed by Willie "Sugar Billy" Garner (1975)

What can you add to this list?
Update: Well, it's very informative, but some of these songs I know neither in the origial nor in the cover versions!