Will Obama support the dictatorship in Iran, or the people who want democracy?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091227/ap_on_re_mi_ea...

The people of Iran haven't lost their desire for self-determination and freedom; which side are we on?

Armchair---good point. I don't think the US should interfere; this is something the Iranian people have to do themselves. But I do pray for the success of those who want democracy.

• Majid
    Favorite Answer

"How soon we forget. The Iranian people were dancing and cheering in the streets on 9/11..Now they want us to feel sorry for them..They hate the United States and all it stands for.Let them work out their own problems."

"Its not a dictatorship. The leader of iran won democratically by huge margins. There was some vote rigging but that would not have changed the outcome. Most people in Iran like him."

I don't know how many times I should see these kind of responses against Iranians !

1- We Iranians weren't dancing and cheering in the streets on 9/11 . All of us (All who I know them ) Were Shocked and sad .

2- and IT IS DICTATORSHIP ! ahmadi nejad didn't won democratically , He did rigged the election and We (Iranians) Hate him . He is not our president .

And your answer dear The First Dragon : I prefer he doesn't say anything about it and Just stay silent as I said in your another Question .

wish us luck , this dictatorship will be gone !

• rich k

If he follows his oath of office he will respect the right of self determination of a Sovereign Foreign Nation and not interfere. If we had done that in the '50s and allowed their first Democratically Elected Government to stand instead of helping the British overthrow it and put the Shah in power as a Western Puppet none of our current problems with Iran or Iraq would have ever happened. It's trying to force Middle Eastern countries to put our national interests ahead of their own that have gotten us into the mess we're in, and continuing to dig is no way to get out of a hole.

U.S., israel, and Iran are all secret allies. no one will attack anyone. it's all a big joke and propaganda by the media to keep the public brainwashed as always. the U.S. itself is a dictatorship. u expect a dictator to mess with another dictator? keep dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran has Laws and regulations. they have policed base stations just like U.S. The Iranians didn't dance and cheer after the hearing the attacks of 9/11. the Arabs did that. the Iranians in Tehran were mourning for the dead. stop generalizing things too much. even Ron Rockefeller from the Rockefeller dynasty said it's a mistake for U.S. to attack Iran. the leaders of these countries aren't idiots. they know that if a war occurs in the Middle East, the whole region will go in bloodbath tyrannic field.

Source(s): iRANIAN sH'IA mUSLIM

Because of our CIA's questionable shenanigans in Iran (orchestrating a government overthrow to insert a U.S.-"friendly" shah and then later assassinating that same shah, for example) during the 1950s and 1960s, President Obama would be very very wise to butt out and allow Iran's leadership and citizenry to work out their own civil issues. To do so is to give more credibility to the demonstrators than they would have if their uprising could be in any way blamed on "the evil imperialistic Americans" that, if believed by the 2.2-billion-strong Muslim world, would put U.S. safety in immediate jeopardy.

Source(s): "Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror" by Anonymous (senior Intelligence Official specializing in matters of national security). Washington, DC: Brassey's, Inc.
  • twice.

"The Iranian people were dancing and cheering in the streets on 9/11..Now they want us to feel sorry for them..They hate the United States and all it stands for.Let them work out their own problems."

Actually, Iran was one of the few countries who actually held vigils for those lost in 9/11.

Have some respect for people other than yourself, idiot

Iranians think more highly of the U.S than people here in Australia, I'll tell you that for sure.

I wonder what would happen if thousands of people gathered in the center on Washington D.C. and began rioting, burning cars in the streets, smashing storefronts and such. Im sure no protesters would be killed and absolutely noboby would be arrested. The police would set up free soft-serve ice cream stations on the mall.

• Obama still w8ing for Iran's governments answers .

maybe US and Iran(gov) gonna be ally:).

sry guys , but i dont answer this bull**** u said , u are braindwashed and you believe all news you seen in Foxnews,damNews :D

• seth

Its not a dictatorship. The leader of iran won democratically by huge margins. There was some vote rigging but that would not have changed the outcome. Most people in Iran like him.

I sincerely believe he will not take any sides. He is another James Earl Carter. No backbone.

Source(s): My assessment of Pres. Obama.
  • mary

He said he would not because he did not want to interfere.

He needs to stand up to Iran and kick donkey.

He doesn't mind interfering in the Palestinian and Israeli problem.

MAJID I AM WITH YOU. I didn't see anywhere the Iranians were dancing in the streets..I think she was referring to the Palestinians..I remember when the Shah flew his plane over for cancer treatment and jimmy carter refused him treatment, so you see, we have real bad guys in office sometimes too, obama is the absolute worst we have ever had. He is a fraud and imposter, a liar and a real evil man.

I have lived through 13 presidents and he is absolutely the devil himself.