? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What are Antipsychotic drugs?

Antipsychotic drugs what are they?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lisa, Anti psychotic drugs are often used for someone having some degree of hallucination or a dysfunction in your ability to go through the day normally and comfortably. Is there a specific anti pschotic drug that you have a question about.? Would be pleased to give you more specific information. Some Anti Psychoticchotic drugs are occassionaly used for other health issues. Please feel free to read my profile and then IM or email me if I can be of further help. Just to make it clear, just because you are taking anti psychotic drugs, Does NOT mean you are "crazy". It just helps to stabilize certain chemicals in your brain. God Bless Reggie R

Source(s): 26+ yrs counselor
  • 1 decade ago

Antipsychotic drugs are drugs that are used to treat a vast array of mental disorders, ranging from psychosis, schizophrenia, and most commonly, Bipolar disorder. Antipsychotic drugs are basically psychiatric meds that aren't antidepressants.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are two groups , typical, and a typical

the typical drugs effect the receptor sites and are heavy sedatives, neurological sedatives

for a list of drugs go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/anti-psychotics

• 1 decade ago

there are different kinds of anti-psychotics, you have a chemical imbalance in your body which causes you to be psychotic. These pills reverse that making you less psychotic, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Please do your research. If its for a project, look for reliable websites, or better yet, books published in the last couple of years. If its for yourself, please contact your doctor, and/or pharmacist for professional information.

• Akabln
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

pretty much self explanitory. They keep you from being psychotic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.