Nikki
Nikki asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will you sleep more soundly knowing, as our DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said, that "the system worked"?

Favorite Answer

I cannot believe she said that. She is a fool to think anyone, including Obama supporters, will truly believe that just because the bomb itself failed, "the system worked."

• ?

I'm sorry people, May Ted rest in peace, but those Kennedy's are one of the biggest crooked family's ever. People of Mass. knew it too, which is why they finally woke up and went Republican. Janet is like Obama and Peloshi, Geithner and all of those Kook - Aid kids, oh, and elss not forget good ol' Barney Boy in the radical mix. They're delusional as can be, and admitting to it? They'll never do that, they don't really need to though, do they? I believe, as one Nation, we can all agree on one thing together as one, 2012 all the Democrats that are screwing us now wil be in the unemployeement lines standing where we was back in 09 and 10. Now THAT'S the CHANGE America needs, and Mr. Obummer.....YES WE CAN....AND ARE. Buh=Bye

• .

No.

Look, I worked at the FAA and stayed at the next hotel over from where the post-911 Air Marshals were brought in. I had extended conversations with some of them and their trainers, I knew too well to the "Diversity First!" mindset of the FAA. I knew that in the FAA bureaucratic mindset actual flight security was almost dead last in any real priority list. The first priority was growing the bureaucracy by hiring and spending more and more. (That's what "Diversity" always translates into.)

I knew the program to be worthless -- too much sitting, for one, is unhealthy, and that's what the job is: sitting on planes. At the time no real close quarters combat skills taught. But they did get a number of prison guards -- guards generally have picked up close quarters skills. (Now ex) Senator Daschle's high-level lobbyist wife managed to secure contracts with the FAA for bag scanning equipment that was worthless -- half the outlay for that type of equipment. She even headed the FAA for a while! Political incest of the worst sort.

The only reason the air traffic control system works at all is that the WWII battle of Britain developed simple manual procedures for controlling air space that still are used today.

Source(s): [sidenote: seems that "Ed" the insane Y!A stalker is gone, for now.]

It is a shame! Why they have a list if they do not use the list! Maybe because they do not trust the list or the list is to fat..

Why they have a scanners system if that system cannot detect a regular ingredient to make a boom...

Why around the world there is hate.. Did we pay to build that hate for the ignorant point of view to manage diversity...

But do not worry THEY are Home Security!! When the intelligence it is not too smart...

Source(s): Filiberto Ojeda Rios kill by the FBI as an arrogance action... a not to intelligence action...

Actually I will, considering my interest in posting re politics has only manifest considering the low standard of professionalism put in these various offices beginning in the 90s. My fears have been constantly affirmed and now once again reaffirmed by this comment.

Her judgment is way off if in fact she made this statement. The system did not work and it can work as it was previous to 9-11 when individuals are held responsible for the job description of their Offices.

Edit:

As with 9-11, it is not a matter of a system but whether individuals did their job. The CIA and military have laid the foundation for her argument though--that its the system and there is no personal responsibility.

• ash

System needs revision again, that's all. After 9-11, when we totally did nothing with planes off course for an hour or two, we started paying attention again. But then we had more attempts:

Shoe bomber = shoes off

Liquid explosives bomber = nothing over 3.5 oz in a little baggie etc.

This one = we need to rescreen passengers in the secure areas if their point of origin was a country not complying with US security procedures. Duh.

But seriously, we are always protecting ourselves from the previous attack, what is different about this one? the system worked just as it always has, a day late and a dollar short.

No, I'm for profiling. His name should have been enough to get a strip search.

All Abdul's and Mohamed's ride the same plane. Leave me off it.

• L.T.M.

Napolitano, Biden, Van Jones?

Obama the boy genius they keep telling us.

The only thing that even attempted to "work" was the guy that jumped up and took security into his own hands and that man should be given hero status and a tour of the White House, too bad it would be with Obama but what can you do?

Not unless the DHS is mailing out samples of Ambien.

I sleep fine anyway.

But I'm glad passengers took care of him. Hopefully this piece of filth will provide some good intelligence we can use to hunt these cockroaches down.

Source(s): Dutch guy got him - Hoo Hoo!