Heaven Help Me MY BEST FRIEND THINKS SHE IS A VAMPIRE! And it's really starting to creep me out...?

Okay, it was fun...at first; pretending to be vampires over the summer the year the Twilight Movie came out... but that was over a year ago, and she still hasn't dropped the Vampire Persona.

A little background on Vivyan...

-First off-- she's FOURTEEN

-Secondly, she thinks she is an honest-to-blog blood sucking vampire. Not that that's strange...

-She's a ginger--- not to sound prejudiced or anything-- but being a ginger, she gets a lot of stares as it is--- not to mention she now parades around the school wearing her wax-in fangs, and making the most horrific faces whenever confronted with direct sunlight, but she refuses to buy school lunch now!--- claiming that human food is an insult to her being, and she only drinks "blood powder" which is turned to liquid in her water-bottle. I was sort of freaked out at first, by the color accuracy and viscosity of the blood--- but I sniffed some when she wasn't looking the other day (intelligent thing to do when identifying an unknown substance--- that'll earn me the Nobel Prize) and it smelled suspiciously like Emergen-C ("just-add-water" vitamin powder that tastes a bit like knock off crystal-light).

Well, recently she's been referring to her house and family as "the coven", and I have won the endearing title of "Fledgling". Jee-thanks-Viv!

Okay, now she has her new boyfriend (a sixteen year old who should know better) playing along too, and it's gotten really really frustrating, now that I can't call her by her first name anymore--- since I am "her fledgling", I have to call her "MASTER", yes, master. Not only is that totally backward and wrong, but it is totally against logic--- seeing as I am in the advanced classes, and will reach working age before she does, and I am more than an inch taller than her--- plus she dresses...let's just say HER AGE and I dress like a thirty year old (says she, since I no-longer wish to shop at hot-topic every Saturday, and tend to go with a less-shocking ensemble--- mostly dark colors, admittedly, and I like sweaters and more conservative attire).

I know that this is completely shallow, and two faced to wish, but I WISH SHE WOULD QUIT IT AND GROW THE HELL UP! Okay, I know people will say, "You don't deserve to be her friend", "how about finding some new friends", and so on...but I've tried, I really have, but nothing feels right without her as my best friend--- we just know each-other too well, and quite honestly, I'm sort of an odd-ball-out type myself--- just in my own introverted way.

So, I'm the nerd who's guilty pleasure is to snuggle up in bed with a nice Anne Rice (Vampire) Novel.

And she is the insane best friend who is taking it A HUGE STEP TOO FAR!

I've tried reasoning with her...and so far, as expected, reasoning doesn't help.

My argument goes like; "Please, please, please Viv, could you let me call you by your first name? I really would like things to go back to normal now?"

Her response: "Did the Coven Queen just hear the fledgling speaking to her superior in first person? If so, the coven queen shall have to suspend blood drinking privileges for a week, as well as withdraw the ancient texts from the fledgling in question's possession."

Oh yeah, and the ancient texts...she is actually the owner of the Anne Rice novels, which my mother WONT ALLOW me to read...and Viv is my sole life line! I know it sounds like I'm just using her for book privileges, but I'm really not, and even if I sort of theoretically was, she was the one who showed them to me in the first place, and now she has me totally addicted.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE HER TO DROP THE VAMPIRE ACT BEFORE MY MOTHER FLIPS OUT AND DOESN'T EVEN ALLOW ME TO SEE VIV!

Oh, and another thing... I really need help convincing Viv AND MY MOTHER that she is not in-fact a Vampire.

Yes, you heard me, my mother believes in vampires.

Here is the "evidence" Viv has presented, that I fear has begun to reach my mother's attention as well:

1.) Viv has a red ring around her left pupil (from birth)

2.) Her average temperature is 97.4 degrees Fahrenheit, and this shows in her super cold hands

3.) She is deathly pale

4.) She always has dark circles under her eyes

5.) She is nocturnal

6.) She was born on Friday the thirteenth

7.) She has sharp teeth, even without the fake fangs

8.) She has always loved the taste of her own blood (the creepy one)

I don't believe in Vampires. How can I counter this?

Favorite Answer

Well first that sounds like an obsesion, and she really needs some help on that, like a therapist. Two you could trick her into eating garlic pizza or having somthing near without her knowing, then say to your mom shes not a vamp, or take her pic, or put her in front of a mirrior. Remember knowledge is key, but how you use it is power. Read up on vamps, see how you could put that aginst her, and even if she seems wacked or your too good for her, your not (so to speak), your her equal, her friend. But last it could just be a phase, yes a long phase but just give it time. Hope this info helps, oh and it sounds like you got a pretty nice fashion sense.

First off, you're not her flegling, her servant, her anything but friend. I have an average temp of the same, am nocturnal, have sharp canines, and don't get sick over my own blood if I bite my cheek, but I am not a vampire. What I don't have is enough time in the sun, a normal tooth line, or a weak stomach for my own blood. I wouldn't ever try to talk down to my friends as if they were under me even if I were a full fledged, Braham Stroker, honest to Akasha, vampire. Sounds like she plays to much vampire wars, sees too many movies, and clearly has a narcesistic type personality that doesn't consider others feelings, or perhaps her world is out of control so the role playing gives her a feeling of control. She'll either grow out of it or end up in counseling. However, she shouldn't treat you like her "fledgling". You are far from it so step up and tell her so. Let it work itself out from there.

• Carly

It's possible. But your friend might just be thinking everyone who looks pale and gothy is a vampire. This is not the case. Very few goths are actually vampires, and most real vampires are not goths. To prove if her "sense" is correct, she'd have to have these supposed vampires say if they are ones. She can't just go up to people and ask them stuff like that, though. They're either going to think she's crazy or think she's a problem for them. Either way, if they were vampires or not, they're probably going to say they're not, just to make her go away. On the flip side, they might say they are just to mess with her. There's almost no way to prove if her senses are correct. Some people can sense vampires, but you can't objectively prove these people are vampires. What does she sense about them specifically? Is there a tactile sensation she gets? or is it just her "intuition"? - P.

Well dear,

I think you have had a tough encounter with a person who is very imaginative with the vampire phenomena that has and still is occurring. If I was her friend I would wear a turtle neck (just in case she tries to bite you) and shake her to snap out of it and tell her you want your awesome friend back. Tell her how you feel (while still wearing the turtle neck) and that its fine that she can worship vampire, but you need your friend back who is human and fun to hang around.

Source(s): just trying to help :)

first of all yr trying to change her COMPLETely back to normal. Try one step at a time like show her some cuter clothes to wear. Ask yr mom if she has ever seen a real vampire. not from twilight. convince her that every thing else is just a coincidence.

well you can ask this question over at jamrie.com

the people over there might be able to help you out.just trying to help

hmm this sounds like the type of question you should ask on jamrie.com

the people over there are really helpful.hopefully that helps.

It sounds like they've both cracked their crock. I'd get my books from the library and stay indoors when they're wandering the streets.

Have you watched blood+ ? pretend your the lead character in here and threaten that your mission is to kill nocturnal creatures.

ummmm id get the h*** away from her becuase im creeped out listening to the story

Feed her garlic.