Was Andrew Jackson right about paper currency?

Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit.

Andrew Jackson

Best Answer

Andrew Jackson ran for re-election in 1832 under the slogan "JACKSON AND NO BANK" and then in 1833 he starts removing the government's deposits from the Rothschild controlled, Second Bank of the United States and deposits them into banks directed by democratic bankers. In 1835 Jackson luckily survives an assassination attempt; the pistol used to assassinate him misfired. Jackson publicly stated that he knew the Rothschilds were behind it as did the assassin Richard Lawrence who was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Richard Lawrence confessed that the Powerful Banking Interests of Europe had hired him to do the job.

In 1836 Jackson succeeds in blocking the charter for the Second Bank of the United States, denying the renewal of the charter. The country would be free from the clutches of the international bankers until 1913 despite an attempt to create a third private bank that President John Tyler (1841 -1845) prevented. Tyler had also received hundreds of assassination threats.

"For we are opposed, around the world, by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy, that relies primarily on covet means for expanding it's sphere of influence, on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation, instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night, instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted, vast material and human resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific, and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. It's mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned. No rumor is printed. No secret is revealed. But I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people"

-John F. Kennedy

Times of London stated: "If that mischievous financial policy which had its origin in the North American Republic [i.e. honest constitutionally authorized no debt money] should become indurated down to a fixture, then that government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off its debts and be without a debt [to the international bankers]. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777-1836):

"I care not what puppet is placed upon the throne of England to rule the Empire on which the sun never sets. The man who controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire, and I control the British money supply."

Thomas Jefferson, 1798:

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing."

"I will root you out, you den of vipers."

-Jackson

Spirited times weren't they!

It's all about monetary policy. We have three choices:

1. Quasi-governmental agency controls monetary policy (Fed)

2. Federal government controls monetary policy

3. We have no central monetary policy

Each has pros and cons.

Gold or fiat currency?

Both have pros and cons - both can be manipulated.

Those who would like to "end the fed" might be better served by revamping the fractional reserve banking system currently in place with something requiring a bit more in reserve. Maybe we should also have a look at our monopoly laws and consider including groups of "too big to fail" institutions in our criteria for which companies need broken up.

EDIT

kawirider:

I see this was your first answer. Welcome to Y/A Politics, a place we affectionately refer to as the bloodbath zone. Richard Lawrence actually had a back-up pistol too which fortunately for Jackson, also misfired. And... Did Nathan ever truly control the Bank of England? I know he tried after the Battle of Waterloo, but I don't think he was successful. Still, he may have made that comment just the same. Bankers are a pompus lot. I do remember a similar quote attributed to his father: "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws."

Yes, I think Jackson was an excellent president. I've not considered that angle on the Trail of Tears before. I often wonder why people in power do seemingly ignorant things, but usually there are reasons beyond my ken. BTW: Habe(a)s Corpus is not an amendment. It's in Article 1 Section 9.

Yes and no: The "moneyed interest" does create mischief, no question about it. A multitude of corporations benefit. I don't think that "paper" is the only mechanism though which they operate though.

Arms are another, for example.

He was correct about corporate control of currency. We are suffering under the exact system President Jackson was warning of.

:-o

Yes, however it worked as long as we stayed on the gold standard.

Source(s): May God save our country and bless you through out the New Year