In Modern Warfare 2, what are throwing knives?

In MW2, what are throwing knives? Are they perks? Are they awards? And how do you select to use them (not unlock them)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Throwing knives are equipped to your class in multiplayer in the "Equipment" section. Since they're in the equipment section, you use the same button you would normally use to throw a frag or semtex or whatever, wheny uo hold down the button, a little cross-like aiming reticule comes up. The throwing knife doesn't replace your stabbing/melee knife nor does it replace a perk slot. Lastly, the throwing knife, like the melee knife, is a one-hit kill no matter what. You only get one throwing knife, however you can pick it back up by walking over to it and pressing the action/reload button or by using the Scavenger perk, which allows you to reload your loadout by walking over a dead enemy's body.

• 1 decade ago

They are a piece of equipment that you press RB on xbox 360 to throw. You only get on but you may pick tem up. Keep in mind that you need to access create a class at lvl 4 and level up to get them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

as the other guy said, it is a piece of equipment that replaces your grenades, so it uses up the frag spot. It does quite a lot of damage. If you aim it at a person right, i think it's a 1 hit kill.

Source(s): I have mw2.
  • 3 years ago

Yea, actually, i could used the Silenced UMP.40 5, i detect it greater straightforward having a sub-gadget gun whilst using throwing knives, the change from the gun to the knife circulate hair is swifter, i think of.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A throwing knife is one of the options in equipment. It does not replace your stabbing knife. It is not a perk.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are actuall throwing knives that you can pick up and you choose them by selecting them as your equipment they replace frag,semtex ect.

• 1 decade ago

they are a single knife that you can use to throw at an enemy and inpale them. you can always pick them back up and throw them as many times as you wouild like. I belive they are in your equipemtn section.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.