speeders in the sunshine state, florida.?

i was driving through florida from Potomac Maryland in my 2009 mercedes s600 and i drove 85mph through the carolinas without getting stoped, thank god. but asoon as i got to florida i slowed down to 75 80 and people wer passing me outta no Where! i kept up in the left lane for about 50 miles driving 88 to 95 mph with a line of 6 cars doing the same amount keeping up and asoon as i slowed down back to 80-85 everyone just kept passing me i was in the right lane at one time i was doing about 93 or so mph and i was amazed to see a 53ft trailer and peterbilt semi diesel fly by me im like what the F-U-C-K. lol. but like i want to know does anybody know a site where they tell you the average speed of people on the interstates through i95 and others? its just something im really curious about. or does anyone know about the average speed, and answer about what you think about the speeders in florida.

Favorite Answer

I've lived in Florida for most of my life and I had to laugh out loud when I read this. I guess I've never thought about how fast we drive down here. You're not the first one to talk about our speeders.

I don't know if there's an average speed listing or anything like that, but as a resident I can assure you that going 95 mph isn't unusual.

Just beware. You were extremely lucky you (and everyone else) didn't get pulled over by our lovely Florida Highway Patrol. I'll give you some local knowledge. The fine for going 30 mph over the speed limit is $250. And that's if you don't get a ticket for Racing on Highways, which FHP is prone to do.