If you tell your therapist you constsntly have suicidal thoughts, do they have to call the cops?

Are they legally required to tell the cops or your family?
Update: I am 27 years old and not on medication. I am attending a cognative behavioral therapust.
Update 2: I don't wan't to kill myself, but when things get really really bad, which seems to be happening more and more lately, I keep flashing on the idea of ending it all. It goes away usually quickly, but the thoughts keep coming when bad things happen. I don't want to say it to my therapist, and have him... show more I don't wan't to kill myself, but when things get really really bad, which seems to be happening more and more lately, I keep flashing on the idea of ending it all. It goes away usually quickly, but the thoughts keep coming when bad things happen. I don't want to say it to my therapist, and have him over-react and put me in a hospital or call the cops just because of the thoughts.