Is swine flu/ H1N1 still in Mexico?

Is swine flu still in Mexico? The news seem to have stopped talking about it. And if so is it still deadly? Just curious. Help

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it calmed down.it can't go anywere, but people are becoming more protective against it. it's not as big treath as before, but you still can get it.

• 1 decade ago

Its actually more in the US than it is in Mexico, the heat prevents the Viruses live outside of a host from lasting very long, meaning the only places you are likely to get it, is the deepest darkest depths of Mexico city, or from a person who has it (and there arent that many).

Swine flu is NOT deadly. I had it, and yes it was miserable, but no different from the regular flu.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah im pretty sure it is, its like the worst country to have it. It had been going around New Zealand this year, a few students came back from Mexico on a trip & they brought Swine Flu along aswell so people have been diagnosed with it. Yeah it is deadly you can die from it.

Everyone had to be careful & 1 kid from my school had to stay at home for 2 weeks without contacting anyone.

Source(s): School.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, diseases usually do not just vanish, and it is still deadly, but is overhyped, although the swine flew is deadly, it is hardly anymore deadly then the common cold, it is just deadly to those who already have immune deficiencies and so as long as your immune system is working properly, most likely you will not get anything much more than usual cold symptoms.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gina
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No; they can't cure the common cold; how could they cure the swine flu? It cures itself in a few days, just like a cold.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's not in mexico.

the swine flu didn't start in mexico.

i know various people who went to mexico i the past year, and coming back very healthy.

Source(s): people :]
  • 1 decade ago

It was only deadly because they didnt have vaccine yet

but now that they do its not really a big deal anymore

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

uummm yeah..if I'm not mistaken it's there, and lets see-ummm the rest of the world?

Source(s): my noggin
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, its still there and thats where it spread out to other countries from):

• 1 decade ago

IS JIMMY CARTER STILL A SPOKESPERSON FOR ATLANTA AIRWAYS IDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDONT KKNOW

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.