Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

why do i keep seeing "i like all music except country".. ?

what an ignorant thing to say,

does that mean that you like music from other nationalities too,

EVERYTHING except country ?

a lot of classic rock have a touch of country in them.

most original metal bands are a bunch of country boys.

people need to deliberate on their thoughts longer before speaking.

does this piss anyone else off?

p,s NO I AM NOT FROM THE COUNTRY! im a New Yorker.

im not a country fan either, but why exclude it from all other genres,

it had become a trend.

Favorite Answer

U mad?

I have also been thinking the same thing. There is a playlist from a video game (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) that I have listened to and it has great country songs. A lot of rock I listen too also has country influences. For example Creedence Clearewater Rivival and Lynyrd Skynyrd. And there is plenty of different subject matter in country music other than the common ones.

I get what you're saying. The thing is though, the people who say that probably think of country music as Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney etc.etc. I don't like that, but I love Willie Nelson. Country was good until people started singing in $5000 snake skin cowboy boots about achey breaky hearts and not messing with Texas.

Because what these people think of as "country" are Jessica Simpson and Miley Cyrus, not Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash.

I love how some classic rock elitists can say that they love Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Eagles, but they "hate country."

Well you're right, there is a touch of country in ever genre, but what people probably mean is that they don't like the music that's just strictly country in which i agree.Personally i don't think it takes very much talent at all to sing country music, it sorta just sticks to the same story in most songs, it's winy/raspy, etc.But that's just me, there are a lot of country lovers still out there, and it really just boils down to taste, we all have different tastes in everything.It happens.

it annoys me, but doesn't piss me off too much. I think that some people simply don't like country, which doesnt bug me.

What pisses me off is when people are close minded to new styles of music. I love listening to music that has a little bit of everything in it, like progressive metal with a little bit of jazz in it. Some people just hate music because its different than what theyre used to. And those people don't realize it, but theyre are missing out on a lot!!

THAT pisses me off!!! :) thank you and merry christmas

it doesn't really piss me off, but i see your point. people don't realize that country influences a lot of music styles, especially classic rock [good call on that], and by saying 'everything but country', well does that mean they like russian folk music? most likely, they don't. and yeah, i'm seeing people say that way too much. haha leave country alone!

It really does get me mad... I'm not a big fan of country but i love Johny Cash and Wynonna Judd. Even the rock music i listen to is heavily influenced by country.

Cause most rockers hate Country. And modern Country is truly hideously bad, I mean the classic stuff can be good..but modern..UGH!

By the way, know what happens when You play a Country song backwards? You get back your wife, dog, and pickup truck, AND stop drinking too!

I think you have to be country to like country..

it pisses me off more when people think its 'stupid hick music.' whats the ****** problem with rednecks anyway? and i'd sure as hell rather live in the country than the city.

i guess i should stop ranting :l

Ever notice that most of the people who say that like crappy music instead of country?