Can you use a FHA loan on a HUD home? Do you have to be approved to be a HUD buyer or can anyone buy a HUD?

As the question states (which I cannot get ahold of either my buying agent or the selling agent) can 1. anyone buy a HUD home in Foreclosure? or do you need to be approved for that? In the notes for the listing it states "Financing/Terms: Conventional, Cash, Fha" so i would think yes but not sure. It also... show more As the question states (which I cannot get ahold of either my buying agent or the selling agent) can 1. anyone buy a HUD home in Foreclosure? or do you need to be approved for that? In the notes for the listing it states "Financing/Terms: Conventional, Cash, Fha" so i would think yes but not sure. It also says "Insured w Escrow repairs $5500" so does that mean if my bid is the winning bid I get $5500 for repairs or do I have to secure that amount as well? Here is the rest of the listing to put things in order. "Remarks: HUD home. Sold 'AS IS' by Elec Bid only. For Prop. conditions, Forms, Discl, Avail & Owner Occupant Incentives see Website in Agent Remarks*. Insured w Escrow repairs $5500. Bids due by 12-27-09 11:59 PM or daily until sold. MCB makes no warranty as to current or future existence of mold in this property and is not liable for the potentially harmful effects thereof."

Thanks for your input! Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas!