What is your favorite part of the holiday season.?

It matters little what belief system you follow, but there is something about a holiday that feeds your beliefs. What is it, how does it make you feel and how do you pass it on.

• Amber
    Favorite Answer

It's the one time that I get to see all of my family together, some I wont see for the rest of the year and I really cherish the holidays because something could happen the following year and one more more members might not be there next time.

Yes, for me this is a season of hedonistic decadence, which makes it a favourite.

First there are the boring parties, where you have to be polite to your elders, but then come the Excellent parties, many of which I can still remember from past years, right up to about 10:30pm or so.

But they are not my favourite part of the season, I enjoy the slothful decadence, getting up any hour of the day, gorging on microwaved leftovers, going on road trips. Resuming long-abandoned plans to play some computer game again.

I reflect on what I believe in, and that belief is confirmed by all of the piles of gifts, all the late-night shopping, all the empty envelopes and cheesy card messages, all the torn wrapping paper, all the gift vouchers, and all the hundreds of people of varying ages and sizes everywhere, dressed as Santa Claus.

Christmas is a commercial festival, which also happens to be religious. And I am happy to enjoy the customs and historical activities of another religion without being a subscriber. Y'know, tolerance and understanding, the fabric of a culturally rich society, and all that cr*p.

I enjoy so much about it. The fact that people care enough to give me gifts. The fact that I get to see so many people I love in one place at one time (Christmas dinner). The fact that for once no matter what people use the holidays as to try to be in a happy mood. The holidays are bliss.

i think i like giving and helping people