Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelGermanyOther - Germany · 1 decade ago

How to say "I saw you dressing up as Santa Claus in the photo. You looked so cool" in German language?

No grammar mistake, please

do not use on-line translation tool (e.g. google)

thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree with user Pest Control

The real translation would be

Ich habe dich auf dem Bild als Nikolaus verkleidet gesehen.Du hast sehr gut / toll ausgesehen.

@ Claus you confuse Imperfekt and Pefekt which is NOT acceptable , No German refers to Santa Claus he is called Nikolaus in German, you can NOT translate cool by ''süss'' that would be cute!!!

With these mistakes you clearly show you are not a native German!

You can claim to be one as long as you want that will not help every real German knows this.

• 1 decade ago

First of all this question is posted in the wrong section, it should be in languages since this is travel Germany.

The rason why you should not post translation questions here is you get a lot of wrong answers here, as the answers until now show once again both are very obviously not from people who speak German

One is even using a wrong konjugation the other person does not know you can't say ''in diesem Bild'' in German it is a very typicall mistake for native English speakers.

The real translation would be

Ich habe dich auf dem Bild als Nikolaus verkleidet gesehen.Du hast sehr gut / toll ausgesehen.

Some teens will leave cool but it still is NO German word and considered wrong.

EDIT @ Plschpolster if you are a real Austrian and not only claim to be one you should be able to find and correct the other mistakes in your first try too:)

Merry christmas or frohe Weihnachten nach Österreich

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think we made a mistake by liberating Germany. We have 3 guys here claiming to have the correct translation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ich sah dich gekleidet wie Sankt Nikolaus auf diesem Foto. Du sahst so süß aus.

Additional Info: This translation assumes that you are a personal friend to addressate. Translation for "cool" into "süß" is typical slang for a girl. You can also leave cool and do not need to translate, its O.K. and will be understood.

@pest_con

I`am native German. Obviously you are not familiar with simple past. Beside of ignoring "Santa" your translation is also O.K., but you are using present perfect. As use of past tense is not so strictly as in English, it is acceptable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.