Ciera asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

baby ball python feeding?

I have a 7 month old bbp and i am feeding him a large hopper once a week, and i was just wondering at what age do the mice get their teeth? Because when i gave the hopper to him, the mouse clapped down on him, but i did not see any teeth and there was no broken skin. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

He probably had teeth by then. I've had several incidents when an adult mouse or young rat bit the snake while it was being constricted. I've never had a bit so bad that it broke the skin. I have had a mark left a couple times, but no biggie. If your bp does ever get a bit put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

at a about two weeks mabye a few days before. They will get teeth. That will be about hopper mouse size. Maybe the mouse was just a little immature.

Maybe it's best to try frozen mice, you're balls' safety should be put first.