Why do i look good in person...but horrible in pictures?

I feel confused. I'm a physically attractive person (not to sound conceited) Everyone thinks i'm really hot and pretty with a perfect face and perfect figure...but MY PICTURES ARE HORRIBLE. I don't even think i look like myself in them. It's like...every time i take a picture, i look weird and not... show more I feel confused. I'm a physically attractive person (not to sound conceited) Everyone thinks i'm really hot and pretty with a perfect face and perfect figure...but MY PICTURES ARE HORRIBLE. I don't even think i look like myself in them. It's like...every time i take a picture, i look weird and not proportioned. My face is nerdy looking and i don't think i even look like that! o.O
but my friends all point to the picture and say, "thats you!" and i feel offended :(
i also have a self esteem problem...but i really need to know that if i look exactly like what are in my pictures.